The Brentwood Bulletin
Expectation of Excellence ~ Friday, September 19, 2014
A Message from the Principal...
Dear Brentwood Families,
There is an opportunity for some "family fun" this weekend at the Quaker Day parade and festival! Our Walkathon winners and families will be walking in the parade and each of the elementary principals will also participate. The PTO members from every school have joined together to sponsor a Quaker Day booth. (*See Below) What a great opportunity to support our school and have fun at the same time! Hope to see you there! Ms. Vamos
Visit the Plainfield Elementary Schools' PTO Hair Chalking Booth @ Quaker Day Festival!!!
We hope you stop by and support our AWESOME schools!
Meet our Staff MVP of the Week ~ Mrs. Denise Kennedy, Kindergarten
When Mrs. Kennedy isn't teaching 5 and 6 year-olds she enjoys spending time with her family including her husband, Scott, her son, Connor (PHS Freshman), and her daughter, Gabrielle (a 5th grader at Brentwood). Her favorite things to do outside of school hours are to support and cheer on her children at sporting events. Connor plays football and Gabrielle is a competitive gymnast.
Fun Fact Favorites about Mrs. Kennedy:
- Color ~ Red
- Movie ~ Action & Suspense Movies
- Book ~ Divergent
- Music ~ Country, R&B, and Pop
- Restaurant ~ Ruth Chris Steakhouse
- Candy ~ Dove Dark Chocolate
- Vacation ~ Venice, Italy
When asked about her colleague, fellow Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Jacki Rogers had this to say about Mrs. Kennedy: "Denise is the kindest, hardest-working person I know. She always goes out of her way to make things new and exciting for the students. Denise also continues relationships with students even after they have been in her classroom attending events or just giving a hug to them when she sees them. I feel so blessed to work with her."
5th Grade Jameson Camp 2014 Pics
Volunteer News & Information:
- Volunteer Background Agreement
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement (ask at front office the first time you come in to volunteer)
- Read & understand our Emergency Procedures Handout (ask for your copy at the front office)
- Read & understand our "Facts about Bullying" handout (ask for your copy at the front office)
Some guidelines to follow when volunteering at Brentwood (please refer to our handbook for more):
- You may only take photos of your own child. Photos may not be taken of friends or other students and should NEVER be posted on social media sources without the consent of the classroom teacher and the other parents.
- You should avoid taking or making phone calls while supervising students unless for an emergency or communication is needed on a field trip.
- You should not bring other children along on a field trip.
- You must immediately report incidents or suspected incidents of bullying, physical, and/or verbal aggression to a teacher.
"Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer." ~Author Unknown
Does Plainfield Have Talent???
Childrens' Sports Info
Upward Basketball Sign-Ups during entire month of September
Evaluations @ Plainfield Christian Church, Oct 20 & Oct 21
Please Click Here to Register Online
Brentwood After-School Kickball Club - 4th & 5th Grade Only
Club will take place Wednesdays 3:45-4:45 from 9/24-10/8
Permission Slip MUST be turned in no later than Fri. 9/19
First 40 students to sign up will join Mrs. Eakes in the gym after school on Wednesdays.
Join our PTO
If you would like more information please contact Andi or Rochelle!
Transportation & Dismissal Info
All car riders arriving in the morning should be dropped off in our car rider lane NOT in our Visitor Parking lot. This ensures they are not crossing over any traffic. If you child is being dropped off late an adult must come into the office with them to sign them in.
If your child rides the bus to school and will be eating breakfast in the cafeteria please talk to them about going straight to the cafeteria to get their breakfast. This will give them the most time to eat a healthy breakfast possible.
- If you need to change your child's dismissal instructions the best way to do this is to send a signed note into your child's teacher.
- If this is impossible please call the office NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. to ensure the dismissal change gets to your child's teacher in a timely matter.
If you are permanently changing how your child goes home or if you move please notify our office at 317-839-4802, as well as Transportation at 317-838-3632, and submit a new Transportation Form to the office.
PTO - Market Day Fundraiser
Order Pick-Up Dates:
Please contact our Market Day Representative, Kathleen @ 317-821-0613 for more information.
Brentwood's September Value of the Month Winner ~ Abby Cox, 4th Grade ~ August "Truth / Respect for Laws & Rules"
~Mrs. Gray, 4th Grade Teacher