Stay active on Summer Sixteen
The why factor?
There are some great reasons why you should stay active this summer, but besides the fact of not being trapped there are some health reasons:
- It works as an antidepressant.
- Can make you feel a better-self.
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Boosts creativity.
- It can strengthen your heart.
- Can get you a goodnight sleep.
- Give you a reason to wake up the next day.
- Get to meet people and make friends.
Stay active this summer by keeping part of this fun activities.
- Go swimming at your local indoor or outdoor pool!
- Go take a hike! Texas has some fun hiking parks such as Bastrop State park
- Or you can go to Devils River State Natural Area and enjoy nature viewing, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, fishing or paddle.
- Lewisville Skate park, go skate away with the freaks and geeks.
Volunteer programs to join
Student Volunteer programs will keep you active and in relation within your community.
- LLELA Nature Preserve, do you like nature and the outdoors? Well LLELA is always accepting volunteers.
- Neighborhood Services, "love thy neighbor", be part of community involvement by helping those in need.
- Interested in healthcare? or Would you like to make your college resume pop out? Apply at a Baylor Hospital to become a volunteer.
Established in 2007, IVHQ, is the worlds leading volunteer programs. Check out their site and go volunteer around the world. You get to explore another country and help people. It's a win-win!
How about some extra cash this summer?
- JCPenney as a Sales Associate (Denton, Tx)
- The Cheese Factory as a host, dishwasher, server, busser, line cook, or steward (Frisco, Tx)
- Legoland as a host.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill as a Team member(Lewisville, Tx)
- Ihop as a server, Host, Cook, Dishwasher, or Busser