Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #17
December 4, 2020
- Monday-Friday: Food Distribution @ Freeman 11:00am-2:30pm
- Tuesday, December 8th: Material Pick Up 2:45pm-4:30pm
- Wednesday, December 9th: Material Pick Up 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Monday, December 7-January, 14th: Students will remain virtual through the rest of quarter 2.
- Monday, December 14th-Friday, December 18th: Virtual Spirit Week (More details below)
- Monday, December 21st- Friday, January 1st: Winter Break
- Monday, January 4th: School resumes
Return to Learn: Virtual Learning Monday, December 7- Thursday, January 14
- Pre-K students will continue with their current learning model.
- Grades K and 1 will use their first-quarter schedule. This means that specials (such as art, PE, and STEM) will revert to the morning.
- Lunch will now be at the same time for everyone.
- All students will have synchronous (Zoom) instruction in the morning and small group instruction in the afternoon.
- Teachers will create small groups based on needs, content, etc., and therefore the A, B, and V student groupings will no longer be used.
- Grades 2 through 5 will continue in their current model of virtual instruction since they had not transitioned back.
District communication has also been updated on the district website. Please continue to check SD129's Blended Experience Webpage for up to date information and current guidance.
For those who will return to in-person instruction, please make sure you have established your account to access our symptom screener. We ask that starting December 7, all students participating in in-person learning will need to be certified each day (Monday-Friday). This data will help us monitor COVID-19 like symptoms and positive cases to help maintain safe and healthy environments Students who are not screened by a parent or who have failed the symptom screener should stay home and contact the school for additional guidance. A reminder message, with an embedded link to the symptom screener, will be emailed to the parent who established the account at 12:15 a.m. the morning your student is scheduled to attend school. Please only certify your student on the day they are scheduled to attend school.
Here are a couple of helpful hints:
- The initial account should be completed in the parent/guardian name
- To add students to your account, click on “My Students” at the top of the page and then “Add Student”
- Please register your student’s legal name, as you did when registering for school
Instructions to create your account and add your students to your profile is included in the video and infographic linked below.
- Video Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SP7787SSv4oQFd59gbTezFWd92_Vk947/view
- Infographic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaaQM9sFTjJHwi2LRakPNAsXUzeo768I/view?usp=sharing
The same account set up will also be sent to your primary phone number listed for SMS messages. Account set-up is easy, but for assistance please contact Mrs. Andrea Delgado via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation in creating your account.
Please use the link to create your student symptom screening account. Additional instructions have been emailed to you. https://bit.ly/3lrpGUt