Living in Community
September 15, 2016
Next Community Group Meeting
Next Friday, September 23 @ 10am is our next Community Group Meeting. Jenn and Frank will be away, so please anticipate a meeting invite from Michaela Height. She will be coordinating Community Groups that day in our absence. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Community Appreciation Day - Tuesday, October 18
When we return to the office we will send a meeting invite to you for CAD. We will use your meeting invite response to track your availability for Community Appreciation Day.
Here is how it will work:
Answer these two questions for us:
1. Will you be able to participate in Community Appreciation Day this year?
2. Will you be generating your own project?
(This could be anything in the Community, like having tea with an elderly neighbor, serving a shut-in, working at your church, caring for soccer or baseball fields, visiting a nursing home, raking leaves, assisting a non-profit, etc.)
- Groups are encouraged to meet off-campus. If you would like assistance, we offer gift cards to a variety of establishments in the area. The general rule of thumb is one gift card per group per semester at a value of $3 per participant. Please make your request for a gift card a week in advance.
- We are also willing to reimburse for donuts. One dozen per group, per semester.
- Meeting reminders in the form of a meeting request will be sent out 5 business days prior to the Community Group meeting. Please accept or decline to let us know if you will be there for your group that week. If you have made alternate plans because of your absence, please communicate that to us.
- Attendance will be taken and reported. Please report all attendance to Jenn Paris at Jparis@clarkssummitu.edu. Just report those who were "Absent." If everyone is in attendance, just report "All Present."
- I am more than willing to work with each leader to make your group as successful as possible. Whether it's conceptual (like developing questions) or tangible (like relocating your meeting place), please let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate it.
Fall 2016 Schedule
Friday, September 23
Friday, October 14
Friday, November 11
*Tuesday, October 18 - Community Appreciation Day
*Friday, December 9 - Leaders' Meeting - 10am in Jackson Hall Rm229 (THIS WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DATE)