April 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
Imagine-Chancellor students and staff continue to showcase their character strengths by demonstrating enthusiasm, social intelligence, love of learning and humor. Each day I am overcome with pride as I witness our students demonstrating their unique strengths in their classrooms and throughout campus.
Recently, I worked with student leaders in our middle school class to reflect on their service learning project for Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. As I interacted and discussed the experience with the students, they shared their reflections with me. I became overwhelmed with pride and joy. They truly understand the true meaning of empathy, kindness, and love.
Student Reflection: "It helped us realize that there are ways to help the world by being kind. It was a meaningful experience because it made such an impact on not only the patients but the staff too. We learned the value of moral good and helping those who are in unfortunate situations. In addition, we developed an understanding of the amount of joy a good deed could bring to those who are less fortunate."
"The way that our school family always responds quickly when we are in need of help or when we are working on a project, and they are always willing to pour their hearts out to ensure the success of what ever we are doing. This experience is unique because not many schools have such a close school family like our school does."
This is the true meaning of Imagine-Chancellor STRONG. We are One School. One Vision. One Family. I am truly blessed to be the Principal of this school supported by outstanding students, staff, and parents. Thank you for your continued support!
With great appreciation,
Great Appreciation for our Outstanding PTSA
A huge thank you to:
- Mr. and Mrs. Abshire for donating and building 8 picnic tables for our students.
Positivity Project Character Strengths for April
Positivity Project will continue on our campus with a focus on Positivity in Action and the Other People Mindset. Below are the character strengths we will be focusing on each week during the month of April.
Humor- Week of March 29-April 2nd
OPM: Identifying and Appreciating the Good in Others- Week of April 5th-9th
Fairness- Week of April-12th-15th
Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence- Week of April 19th- 23rd
Purpose- Week of April 26th 30th
A new resource Positivity Project is offering this year is P2 for Families!
This is an easy way for families to discuss the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for various grade levels and includes 1 quote, 1 video and 3 questions to drive conversations around character at home.
Positivity in Action
Important FSA Information
We have scheduled the following dates for students in grades 3-8 to take the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). All students (in-person and distance learning) must take the FSA. There is no opt-out option. The links below provide specific dates per grade level for distance learning students and in-person students.
- Remote Testing: FLDOE will NOT allow remote testing options for distance learning students for state assessments. They must come to campus on their scheduled date and time (TBA) to take the assessments.
- 1st Place- Mrs. Decker's 2nd grade class
- 2nd Place- Ms. Hamilton's Kindergarten class
- 3rd Place- Mrs. Harvey-Ward's 1st grade class
Top 10 students with the most money raised:
- Avalea T.- Principal for the Day
- Jaycen F.- Assistant Principal for the Day
- Alexa B.- Dean of Students for the Day
- Hailey G.
- Sydney G.
- Grayson L.
- Ayden A.
- Ethan B.
- Ryan L.
- Liliana R.
Procedures for Students Returning to Campus
Invest in Imagine
Invest in Imagine! This is the easiest possible fundraiser for your families and businesses to take part in! It is simply a donation to our school. All donations welcome!
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care MUST enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- Speed Limit on Imagine Way is 20 mph
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- Please ensure your students are ready to exit the car with their masks on and backpacks ready to expedite the arrival car line.
Love of Learning
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- ALL K-2 students will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITH SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITHOUT SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the NORTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
To ensure student safety, please refrain from using your cell phone in the car pickup line
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd.)
- South side dismissal in right lane and NORTH side dismissal in left lane
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.