The Bulldog Bulletin
News From Crown Point Community School Corporation
Welcome Back! The first day of school is August 16th.
Registration will be completed using PowerSchool. This new student information system replaces RDS. If you have questions, please reach out to your child's school.
Parents of returning students will receive an access code and specific instructions for completing registration on Friday, July 21st.
Because of recent legislative changes, families will not be charged fees for textbooks, Chromebooks, and other classroom materials for the 2023-2024 school year. You will be charged course/supply fees if your student is enrolled in Dual Credit or preschool, is taking an AP exam, or has lost/damaged materials.
Supplies for elementary students are paid for by the district. However, CPCSC requests that elementary students also have the following:
- Backpack (no wheels, please)
- Pencil case
- Chromebook case cover (strongly recommended, dimensions are 12x9 inches)
- Headphones or earbuds
- Reusable water bottle
- Bus routes will be posted the afternoon of Monday, August 14. If you are moving, you must complete registration/address changes before August 10 to have transportation on the first day of school.
- Don't forget to complete your application for Free/Reduced Lunch. Applications are available at the link above.
- Menus will be posted on our website the shortly before school begins.
- Money for student meals can be added to MyMealTime. Lunch prices for CPHS students will be $3.00. Elementary and middle school lunch prices are the same.
- CPCSC offers a before/after school child care program at each elementary. You must sign up for this program if you wish to use it.
In November 2020, the Board of School Trustees unanimously voted to proceed with capital improvement projects that benefit all CPCSC students. The projects will touch every CPCSC building and provide an upgraded learning environment for all of our students.
Crown Point residents will not see an increase in tax rates because of these projects. It is NOT financed by a referendum. The corporation’s existing debt begins to “fall off” over the next three years, allowing the project to be financed via new bonds.
Mark your calendar for Community Tour Night at the new Taft Middle School! On September 21 from 4-6 pm, CPCSC will offer community members and non-Taft families a chance to see the new building on guided tours. More information will be available in August.