Raymore Update: 04/15/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Fourth grade students enjoyed their field trip to Missouri Town last Friday.
Fourth grade students watch the blacksmith at Missouri Town.
Royals Home Opener
Maddie, Renee, and Mason enjoy the day at the "K" for the Royals Home Opener on April 3.
Hard Work Pays Off
Second grader Caden works hard in Mrs. Doerhoff's class.
Mr. Hunziker Reads to Students
Students in Mrs. Phillips' class enjoyed listening to Mr. Hunziker read to them about Satchel Paige for their Famous Missourian project.
Measuring in Second Grade
Jayce and Jesse see relevance in math by practicing measurement skills. They measured the Watchdog.
Mr. Hunziker Reads to Students
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Wish You Well
After a trip to Children's Mercy emergency room, Noah Lasala is at home recovering from a double ear infection and the beginning stages of pneumonia. Thankfully, he was able to receive antibiotics in the middle of the night. Please keep Noah, Angie, and Eric in your prayers as Noah begins to feel better.
Continue to keep GG and her family lifted in prayer. Recently Rene has been taken off all supports.
Kristi Patterson's dad continues to recover from a kidney transplant and heart surgery. Karen Green's dad is in the hospital in Appleton City. Continued prayers go out to both of these families.
Please continue to lift Sherri up in prayer as she begins her chemo treatments.
Faculty Meeting - Wednesday, April 16
Early Release PD Thursday, April 17
Grade Level Supply/Curriculum Requests
Please remember the following when creating your grade level request:
- Log in to the website using MY username and password BEFORE you begin shopping. If you don't, the cart will not show up for me when I go in and checkout your orders. Also, discounted prices may not be allocated when not saved under my name. (Vendor lists are attached to the document in your mailbox.)
- Build your shopping cart.
- SAVE the carts by grade level (Gr 4, for example). Double check carts to ensure correct quantities and product(s).
- DO NOT CHECKOUT.
- Print your shopping cart after you save it when turning them in to me.
- You are responsible for totaling your completed carts/orders up before handing them in
- Figure into your final cost 20% for S&H charges
- Handwritten requests will not be accepted. Teachers are not in school when I will be placing orders in June, therefore, won't be available for questions I may have when deciphering handwriting.
Please let Renee, Michelle, or Jennika know if you have any questions.
Summer School Student Enrollment Forms - We Need Your Help
FYI... Summer Ignite forms will go home with ALL second graders this week. Second grade students that were invited to Session 1 already received Summer Ignite invitations along with the Session 1 invitation. These students will just receive a second one this week as well.
2014-15 Class Lists
Major Saver and Papa John Fundraiser Totals
Check out this video that connects Conscious Discipline and Testing
Below is a great short video of a middle school teacher who uses Conscious Discipline in her classroom, but the video specifically shows her doing a little uniting and calming ritual with her class before they take a big test. This would be great for all students before taking an assessment but I thought it might be particularly helpful to our third and fourth grade classrooms since MAP testing is coming soon! Enjoy and I hope you find it helpful!
Reminders & FYIs-some new!
MAP Training on Tuesday, April 15 at 7:30 a.m. in the library. Karen Hurst will be here to present MAP testing information. Please bring your examiner's booklet (if you have one), pencil, and highlighter. If you are unsure if you need to attend this meeting, please see Michelle or Jennika.
Early Release Day: Thurs., April 17 & NO School Fri., April 18
First Grade Field Trip: April 22
Stay tuned for our MAP Kick Off Rally Assembly on April 28 at 9:00 a.m. (tentatively scheduled). We want to ensure each day our entire school rallies behind our third and fourth graders and get them "pumped up" for a great day of testing! Thank you for your support during our MAP testing!
Kindergarten Celebration : May 22
BOGO Book Fair: May 19 & 20
Building Wide Writing Festival/4th gr. Famous Missourian/Art Fair: May 20
- May 30 : Field Day
- June 2: Fourth Grade Celebration
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet strip should be used to allow access into classrooms. If you need a new magnet, please notify Jennika.
Attendance should be entered in SIS each morning by 9:00 a.m. Thank you for making sure this is done in a timely manner.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:20 a.m.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
- Remember to add your current class schedule to the Google RE Shared Folder & before you implement changes; post outside your door too.
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement