Time To Get Legalized
By: Aubree Pugh
Lets Go Through The Steps
What is the Naturalization Process?
So lets talk about the Naturalization Process itself. It has several steps: eligibility, applications, interviews, identification, tests, and then legalization. Immigrants are only allowed to go through the Naturalization Process if you are eighteen years of age, be a resident of the U.S. for five years, and you must be present to be eligible.
Being Interviewed and Tested
- Make an appointment to be interviewed and tested.
- Be sure to bring any documents and identification to the appointment.
- Answer any questions that the interviewers have about your application. (It’s kinda like a job interview but only your residency is at stake)
- Take an English and Civics test.
- Wait for the decision of the interviewers.
- Study for this thing because if you don’t then you might be screwed.
- Study history and government because that’s what is on the test.