February 5, 2016
- CHECK out the level creek website under LCE Awesome Kids! A few of ours are featured! http://levelcreek.org/
- Please make sure your signed up for our remind. In the event of a cyber learning day we will use it to communicate. We also use them to communicate updates often and we don't want you missing out!
- Remember when the weather is below 40, we don't go to recess, but between 40 and 50 we can't take kids out if they are wearing shorts without pants underneath or don't have a jacket/coat. A hoodie that they've worn inside all day long doesn't count as they should need to add a layer to go from our inside comfortable temps to 20 degrees or more cooler!
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Yesterday we made Valentine's for the children who will be in the Sibley Heart Center over Valentine's Day! We were so impressed with the thought the students put into these cards. They were so very encouraging and positive! Great Job, Superstars!
- A pink letter came home Thursday with information about Valentines for our team. If you misplace it or need another copy one may be found under forms you can use here: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html
Student Led Conferences and Sign up
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: New spelling list this week! The words are already on my eCLASS course page for those of you who like to look ahead.
Reading: We will work on inferencing this week using our new book study novel, The One and Only Ivan. Our Genre Bingo Card has started over for the new nine weeks. No Wordly Wise this week. Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Third Nine Weeks.
Writing: We will review the components of a strong Opinion Piece and continue our own Opinion Piece this week! We will review adverbs this week using a mentor sentence from a book we will read together, Grace for President!
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: We launched the decimal unit today. It will go fast so check in often with your child. Test is TBA
- NO TEN MARKS this week!
- SS: Next up is the Revolutionary War itself. It is a fairly quick unit as well. Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html Test is TBA
- Science: LIght & Sound unit is almost done! We will tie things together Monday, Review on Tuesday and test Wednesday! Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html Test is Feb 10.
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html