Full Time Administrative Assitant Needed ASAP!
“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Skills, I Have A $10/hr, Fun And Fulfilling Job Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in an employee so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job I have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw my employment ad on Craigslist, on Facebook, or from a friend.
So, let me tell you about me, my company, and the job.
I offer private and semi-private personal training services and nutrition counseling to clients who demand the best and wanted to be treated well in a clean professional environment. My training experience ranges from athletes who want to dominate their sport to very busy housewives who want to fit back into their skinny jeans.
My studio is located at 11015 Warwick Blvd. inside the Peninsula Pain and Rehabilitation Wellness Center.
If you are hired for this job, you'll need to come to the office Monday thru Saturday,
8am - 5pm for $10/hr for a 90 day on-boarding/ probationary period. After which time another administrative assistant can be hired to cut down your overtime.
Tasks I Need You To Perform
- Answering and returning phone calls from customers and prospects: I don’t get a ton of phone calls, but the ones that come in are VERY important. When you’re not here to answer the phone, many of the calls will go to voice mail. You’ll be responsible for returning those calls the next day.
- Responding to customer service phone calls and emails: I get quite a few phone calls and emails every day. You will need to respond to each of these with basic information I’ll provide to you. So you need to be comfortable with the phone, using email, and be a good typist.
- Filing: Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow.
- Web site management: Ideally, you’ll have some technology skills and can do some basic updates to my web sites (if not, I’ll teach you how). You do NOT need to know HTML, but if you do, that’s a plus. Also, if you’re familiar with FrontPage and are generally comfortable with internet technology, that’s definitely a plus.
- Keep me organized: Manage my calendar, email, notes, and project list.
- Using web based software: Use InfusionSoft and MindBody for customer follow - up and appointment scheduling.
- Social Media: Post photos from workouts or events to Facebook and Twitter, tag clients in photos, and respond to comments and questions.
- Greet clients and Prospects: Greet clients BY NAME when they come in for their workout, help them check-in, hand them a towel, and a bottle of water. Greet all prospects that are coming in for a consultation BY NAME and deliver a WOW experience.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Microsoft Word: you must be very comfortable using Word.
- Microsoft Publisher: we publish a monthly newsletter in publisher, and you’ll need to be able to go in and make edits/changes to the file when necessary and get it ready for print.
- Microsoft Excel: you must have basic Excel skills - we don’t do anything advanced with this software, just some simple spreadsheets, but you must be comfortable doing what I need you to do.
- Great Phone Personality/Etiquette: you will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to me, and prospective customers, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through e-mail. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism. You must feel comfortable screening out prospects who might not be able to afford our service and refer them to a better fit.
- Email: A great deal of your work will be via email. I use a web-based program that’s easy to learn (you’ll understand it within 30 minutes). You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
- Thoughtfulness and Organization: I need you to be able to think for yourself and be EXTREMELY organized. I am very serious about this one. I do not want a robot, I want someone who learns and grows with me. If you have ever been teased about being a list maker and want to grow with a dynamic and fun organization then you must apply.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Event Planning: We hold several events each year and some experience here would be fantastic.
- Media Relations: We will be working with many news outlets throughout the year to coincide with each of the events that we do each year. An understanding of that relationship would be helpful.
- Sales Experience: This is not a sales position but a background in customer service will help when it comes to screening those who get onto my calendar. Not everyone can afford my services and that's OK.
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person As Soon As Possible! So if this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what I want from you. NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
- Write me a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc).
- Put the cover letter on top of your resume and the reference sheet underneath your resume and staple everything together.
- Mail to:
Revolution Fitness Club
11015 Warwick Blvd
Newport News, Va. 23602
I will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your resume over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Mark Guerrettaz NASM - CPT, CES, FNS, PES
Revolution Fitness Club
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that's you, I promise that $10/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat guy and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send me your resume today!