The Great Depression
- The Great Depression started in 1929.
- The stock-market crush 1929 of October.
- A possible reason why The Great Depression happened was becasue of high cost of World War I.
- In 1933 The Depression hit the lowest point.
- Many Americans went hungry, they had to wait in breadlines for food, and man had lost their homes.
This is a family during The Great Depression.
These are people in breadline waiting for food to be handed out to them
This is a graph of the unemployment rate during The Great Deperssion
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT:
Franklin Roosevelt was the 32 president of America and during The Great Depression he was still the president. President Roosevelt helped the Americans gain faith again. Roosevelt had a thing called The New Deal. The New Deal was a purpose of relief and revcovery from The Great Depression. Roosevelt started declaring "Bank Holiday" and that was they closed the banks for four days while they passed emergency banking legislation through congress. The congress overwhelmed passed Roosevent`s Emergency Banking Act.
EVENTS DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION:
- December of 1931 the largest band in America had failed and $200 million disappeared.
- In 1933 the unemployment was 24.9%, the higest rate of unemployment.
- December 7, 1941 Japan bombed Pearl Harber sarting World War II. And that helped America out of The Great Depression.
"Depression, Great." The New Book of Knowledge. Grolier Online, 2014. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.