What is the role of DNA in Biotechnology?
How is Biotechnology used in DNA testing?
- Carrier screening
- Confirming diagnosis of symptoms
- Determining gender;
- Forensic/identity testing;
- Newborn screening;
- Presymptomatic testing for estimating the risk of developing cancers;
- Presymptomatic testing for predicting disorders.
How is Biotechnology used in agriculture?
Agricultural and Food Scientist
How is Biotechnology used in the health industry in making medicine like penicillin and insulin?
Some Biotechnology research centers in North Carolina...
- North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Biomedical/Biotechnology Research Institute
- NCCU's Biomanufacturing Research Institute and Technology Enterprise (BRITE)
How is Biotechnology used in environmental clean-up (Bioremediation)?
What are the Potential negative impacts of Biotechnology?
Some negative affects of biotechnology is concern that genetically altered foods could lowering vitamin content or other nutrients. Some think a reaction might occur between two food compounds that could be toxic when mixed together. Others think that having genetically altered crops could affect the vegetative food chain, could decrease or increase the population of a species.
- (Map Pictures searched from Google Maps) https://maps.google.com/