LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! It's hard to believe we are getting close to school starting back.
Until we get there, LIFT is on as normal. Please be aware that for the rest of July, we'll be doing a series on Purity. You can trust that we will handle the difficult issues of sex, lust, modesty, etc. appropriately. However, it is an important topic, so we won't be shy or timid in our approach. Check out last week's message below with some helpful follow-up questions. We'll continue this week, so be there 6-7:30pm!
This Sunday Night for LifeLine, we're having a Movie Night! Be at the Annex at 5:30pm for some snacks and a great movie! We'll be done by 7:30. Also, a couple of our students will walk up to Church Conference during the movie to share about our Summer Missions Camp.
Finally, mark your calendars for LIFToff! It's coming up August 2-3, and it is going to be amazing! We'll have a full day on Saturday with kidnapping, worship with the OBB, insane water Olympics, food, laser tag at the church, and much more! Then, we'll head to host homes for the night. On Sunday, we'll have a Parent Meeting during Sunday School, more worship with the OBB, a family meal, and our epic Giant Slip-and-Slide, now featuring a Paint War! The whole event only costs $10, so bring some friends and make some memories! Registration is now open online, and EVERYONE must register beforehand, so click HERE!
- LIFToff! August 2-3
Follow-Up Questions for Parents
· What does it mean for Jesus to be Lord over your life?
· What is the alternative to Jesus being Lord over you?
· Are you the most qualified to be lord over your own life?
· If Jesus is Lord over your life, then how does that specifically impact your views about relationships, love, and sex?
· Why would Jesus’ lordship over our lives lead to greater fulfillment in the areas of love, romance, and sex?