MWSA District #108 News - Issue #18
Click the button below to be taken to the District #108 MWSA website.
Want to be added to the mailing list for this newsletter? Click the orange "Follow" button to the right. If you don't see the orange button, click on this newsletter and make sure it is opened in it's own tab.
Please distribute this newsletter to the members of your Lodge so that all Masons of District 108 may keep up with the happenings of our great District.
EXCELLENCE BY VIRTUE: Lead with our HEARTS; Think with our HEADS; Work with our HANDS
Contained In This Newsletter
- President's Message
- MM Degree Competition - Postponed
- Next MWSA Meeting (Tentative)
- MWSA Trestle Board
- District #108 Forum and Exam
- R:.W:. Borst’s Official Visit Schedule
- Upcoming Graded Degree - Morton Lodge #72
- Grand Master's Visit to Morton Lodge - 14 July 2020
- District #108 Upcoming Events Google Form
- MWSA Business Meeting Rotation Schedule
- MWSA Strategic Plan 2020
- Committee on Work, Southeast Texas - Forum & Exam Schedule
- Lodge Fundraisers
- Morton Lodge History Book
- Masonic Education
- Other Upcoming Events
- Called from Labor
- Imperial Chapter, Order of DeMolay
- Upcoming Degrees
- Lodge Google Calendars
- Newsletter Archive
I hope that this message finds you and your families doing well. As we have been given permission to resume Stated Meetings, I hope that you will return to your Lodges ready to work and practice the lessons of Masonry, while making the decisions that you feel are best for you and your family with regards to attendance.
We are still tentatively scheduled to hold our next MWSA Called Meeting on 24 June 2020 at Brookshire Lodge #1066. As we get nearer to that date, we will make changes if they are necessary.
As before, I urge everyone to take this time of less Masonic activity and grow in your own understanding of our ritual and it’s meaning. Our District Instructor, Past Master Cockroft is always willing to help in that area.
Finally, our Master Masons Degree Competition, scheduled for 1 August 2020, needs to be postponed due to some unforeseen circumstances. We will work to reschedule it once Officer Installations have been completed and once we have a little more normalcy back in our lives.
Your MWSA remains here to support your Lodges. If your Lodge needs anything, please reach out to us.
David C. Berndt, P.M.
MM Degree Competition - Postponed
Next MWSA Meeting (Tentative)
MWSA Trestle Board
District #108 Forum and Exam
R:.W:. Borst’s Official Visit Schedule
MODIFIED DDGM RECEPTION TO BE USED DUE TO COVID VIRUS CONCERNS
1. All participants should attempt to maintain 6 ft. Social Distance. There should not be any handshakes or other physical touching.
2. The DDGM exits the Lodge room in the usual manner….
3. Tiler gives the alarm and makes the announcement the JD does the same….in the ordinary manner.
4. Using only one escort, the DDGM is received by the escort and follows him to the Altar in single file.
5. Being there is only one escort and the DDGM is “alone”, I think the Deacons and the DDGM will have sufficient distancing between them. One escort goes to the door and says “Right Worshipful Sir __________ Lodge number ____ is ready to receive you”. OPTIONAL – Do not use the Deacons if there is not ample space to allow 6 ft. between individuals.
6. The DDGM is centered at the Altar and the escort makes his ordinary presentation of the DDGM. The DDGM is given private grand honors. The WM will instruct the escort to conduct the DDGM to the East. The DDGM follows the escort to the East, single file. The WM will extend the gavel to the DDGM (the WM and DDGM shall do their best to maintain social distancing), the DDGM seats the Lodge and sits in a chair in the East however not next to the WM.
We hope this helps with any decision making.
Upcoming Graded Degree - Morton Lodge #72
Grand Master's Visit to Morton Lodge - 14 July 2020
District #108 Event Announcements
Please use the Google Form below to let us know of any events that your Lodge has coming up. These may be entered as far in advance as you know them. Stated Meetings do not need to be entered.
Thank you for helping to keep all the Brethren of District #108 up to date on events!
MWSA Business Meeting Rotation Schedule
See below for the rotation of business meetings for the next few years.
MWSA Strategic Plan 2020
Committee on Work, Southeast Texas - Forum & Exam Schedule
Handmade 46 inch by 48 inch Masonic Theme Lap Quilt
100% of the proceeds will go to Morton Masonic Lodge #72 Scholarship Fund
For tickets contact Brother John Bradley at 979.264.5384
or email JRLLB1717@GMAIL.COM
Drawing will be held during Morton Lodge’s Stated Meeting
on a date to be determined.
You do not need to be present to win.
Thank you to Brother Mark Herzog of Grey Lodge
for donating this quilt back to raise additional funds
for Morton Lodge Scholarship Fund.
Morton Lodge History Book
2020 Officer Leadership Training 101/201
Other Upcoming Events
AS MEETING ARE SLOWLY ALLOWED TO TAKE PLACE, PLEASE CHECK WITH EACH ORGANIZATION TO BE SURE THAT THE SCHEDULED MEETING WILL BE TAKING PLACE.
Mon, June 1, 2020- Houston Scottish Rite Degree Study Group - 6:00 PM
Mon, June 1, 2020- Park Place Commandery #106 Stated Conclave - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 2, 2020- Katy Lodge #1439 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 2, 2020- Waller O.E.S. Stated Meeting - 6:30 PM
Wed, June 3, 2020- Matagorda Lodge #7 Stated Meeting
Thu, June 4, 2020- Brookshire Lodge #1066 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Fri, June 12, 2020- Ruthven Commandery #2 Stated Conclave @ Holland Lodge - 6:30 PM
Sat, June 13, 2020- Melrose Commandery #109 Stated Conclave @ Melrose Lodge - 6:30 PM
Mon, June 8, 2020- Imperial Chapter, Order of DeMolay Stated Meeting @ Sugar Land Lodge - 7:00 PM
Mon, June 8, 2020- Rosenberg OES Stated Meeting – 6:30PM
Tue, June 9, 2020- Morton Lodge #72 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 9, 2020- Waller Lodge #808 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 9, 2020- Sugar Land OES Stated Meeting - 6:30 PM
Wed, June 10, 2020- MWSA Called Meeting - Opening & Closing Forum - Meal @ 6:30 PM, Meeting @ 7:00 PM - All current Wardens, Deacons, and future Tilers are highly encouraged to attend.
Wed, June 10, 2020- North Houston Chapter & Council Stated Meeting @ Melrose Lodge - 6:30 PM
Thu, June 11, 2020- Richmond Chapter & Council Stated Meeting @ Morton Lodge - 6:30 PM
Thu, June 11, 2020- Hempstead Lodge #749 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Fri, June 12, 2020- Houston Commandery #95 Stated Conclave @ Conroe Lodge - 6:30 PM
Sat, June 13, 2020- Pleasant Hill Lodge #380 STATED MEETING - 11:00 AM
Mon, June 15, 2020- Sugar Land Lodge #1141 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 16, 2020- Rosenberg Lodge #881 STATED MEETING - 6:30 PM
Thu, June 18, 2020- Katy OES Stated Meeting - 6:30 PM
Mon, June 22, 2020- Fort Bend Commandery #74 Stated Conclave @ Rosenberg Lodge - 6:30 PM
Tue, June 23, 2020- Imperial Chapter, Order of DeMolay Stated Meeting @ Sugar Land Lodge - 7:00 PM
Thu, June 25, 2020- Houston Valley Scottish Rite Stated Meeting - 6:00 PM
Called from Labor
The full Google Calendar for District #108 may be found on the MWSA website, about halfway down the page.
Imperial Chapter, Order of DeMolay
Imperial Chapter, Order of DeMolay was set to work on Saturday 31 August 2019. DeMolay is a wonderful organization for young men from 12-21 years of age. It strives to teach virtues and help young men grow into responsible and committed members of society.
You can learn more about DeMolay here: http://www.texasdemolay.com/what-is-demolay/#
If you know anyone who may be interested in membership at Imperial Chapter, please have them contact David Berndt, Chapter Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- None scheduled at this time.
Lodge Google Calendars
Please work to keep your Lodge's Google Calendar that is linked to the District #108 Google Calendar up-to-date. With everyone's calendar up-to-date, Brothers from other Lodges will be able to plan to attend more events and meetings around our District. This will take some work on the part of whoever controls the individual Lodge's Google Calendar, but it will be well worth the time investment.