Jonas Thrasher-Evers and Peyton Mizell
Simple/ Common Examples
2. correctional facility (euphemism for prison)
3. let go (euphemism for fired)
4. adult beverage (euphemism for alcohol)
5. big-boned (euphemism for fat)
6. sanitation engineer (euphemism garbage man)
TIPS & TRICKS
Euphemism ---> Euphony
Using a euphemism is the act of engaging in euphony.
Euphony ---> Symphony
Euphony sounds like symphony.
Symphony = Euphony
Similar to a symphony, euphemisms are designed to sound pleasant to the ear.
Eugene is a very bland man who never speaks his mind. Rather than being upfront with people, he tends to be economical with the truth. He is currently in between jobs because of his poor social skills and lack of blunt honesty. Physically, he is vertically challenged and big-boned. Some would say that he is rather aesthetically displeasing. However, he has high hopes in becoming a future sanitation engineer.