LET'S GET IT STAARTED!
Elgin Elementary School
Turner's Testing Tidbits
Please see information below regarding our upcoming STAAR assessments. The break schedule will be posted later, after I've met with the team of paraprofessionals relieving teachers. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email, by phone, or just stop by my office.
Also, there is a required online training for ALL certified personnel at Elgin Elementary School. Everyone needs to be ready to test in the event they are needed. Online completion of this training will replace a face to face testing training time with me,so please don't hesitate to get it done. You will need to complete the online training AND provide me with a copy of the certificate and oath, on or before the end of the day on Thursday, April 5th. Here's a way to access all 3 modules: http://www.TexasAssessment.com/TAonlinetraining. The official oath is below, too. Just print it off, sign in all appropriate places, and give it to me with your certificate.
Happy Testing & Training!
Upcoming Training Dates
- Tuesday, May 3rd, during grade level planning times~ Testing Logistics Overview & Review of Rosters for 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade teachers. (Cafeteria (3rd), Lefteau's Room (5th) and Fangman's Room (4th) - PLEASE BRING YOUR TESTING MANUALS WITH YOU.
- Thursday, May 5th @ 8:00 am in the cafeteria~ STAAR Logistical Training for Paraprofessionals & Support Staff (invites have been sent to designated individuals)
- Wednesday, May 4th - Friday, May 6th @ discretion ~ Specials teachers prepare snacks for Monday's testing date; Classrooms need to be test ready.
- Thursday, May 5th @ 1:00 pm in Turner's office ~ STAAR Logistical Training for Admin and Front Office
- Thursday, May 5th by 4:00 pm ~ Online Modules must be completed by ALL certified personnel. Certificates and signed oaths must be given to Ms. Turner on or before this date. You can access the modules here: http://www.TexasAssessment.com/TAonlinetraining
- Friday, May 6th during planning time ~ 3rd - 5th grade test administrators come to verify materials their testing materials in Turner's office; Electronic rosters are due. Note: This is non - negotiable.
Special Note to Small Group Test Administrators ~ You are welcome to join any of the grade level meetings in lieu of waiting until Wednesday.
COMMUNICATING WITH PARENTS
ALL teachers should communicate with their parents via newsletters and/or phone the upcoming dates for STAAR. It is highly suggested that all 3rd - 5th grade homeroom teachers contact their parents, to ensure that students arrive to school on time to have breakfast prior to testing, get rest before testing, etc. A robo call will also be sent to parents alerting them that testing is occurring on campus next week. We need 100% of our 3rd - 5th grade students here on official testing dates.