The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of December 3, 2018
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Dec. 3rd, 8am
- The PTO Holiday Shop will be taking place in the media center throughout the week.
- My Chat & Chew block is open this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives or share questions, let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
Wednesday, Dec. 5th, 10am
- Gr1 Holiday Concert (10:00 AM)
- Gr3 Honors Choir (7:00 PM)
2-hour Delay (Teacher Inservice)
Friday, Dec. 7th, 10am
- 8:00-9:30 (Media Center) - Phonics, Phonemic Awareness & Red Words, OH MY! (K, Gr1 & Gr2)
- 9:30-10:00 (Media Center) - Behavior Incentives/Supports (All faculty)
- Gr3 will be in the computer lab for Achieve3000 PD (8:00-10:00).
- Special Areas will be in the small conference room for
The Principal's POV on...this month's SEL article!
As we prepare for parent/teacher conferences, concerts, winter assessments and the holidays, the theme of SEL/mindfulness being a "parallel initiative" couldn't be more timely. In order to be the best teacher/parent/nurse/counselor/secretary/custodian (...you get the picture) that you can be, we must take some time out to attend to our own social-emotional needs!
Hit the gym, read a good novel, or (my personal favorite) hit a coffee shop or book store. At the very least, take a few moments to breathe and participate in a mindfulness meditation before heading home each evening. This will help us to be the solution, and to communicate to our colleagues, students & loved ones:This is important, you can do it & I won't give up on you!
THANK YOU to everyone that shared your thoughts on the article, on how our #EverydaySEL journey continues to shape your views, and on the successes you have already experienced with our students...and to everyone in the #BullockES community, look below for some STANDOUT quotes from this month's dialog!
News & Notes
Holiday Concert Updates: Concert rehearsals will take place in the gym on the dates/times listed below.
- 1st Grade ONLY: 12/3, 12/4 (1:35 PM)
- 1st Grade & International Club: 12/3 & 12/4 (1:35 PM)
- Gr3 Choir & International Club: 12/3, 12/4 (12:50 PM)
Second and Third Grade students and teachers are invited to see the First Grade Holiday Show DRESS REHEARSAL with International Club Dancers and Choir Bell Performers on Tuesday, December 4th at 1:30 PM in the Gym.
Lunch Mindfulness: THANK YOU to everyone that has supported your colleagues in our cafeteria mindfulness practice after lunch each day! Being there to participate with your students immediately after the bell rings helps to ensure that all students are participating. After all, we all have the same goal: to have our students calm and back in class...ready to learn!
Gr1 is using adjectives to describe some really cool things like ice cream, mac & cheese, the beach, a gorilla, diapers, booger’s and even Mr. Taibi!
Words to Inspire...
Persevere & Dream BIG!
Ms. Alleman's class is working hard on their Dream Boards after reading Uncle Jed’s Barbershop!
Words to Inspire...
Shout-outs from the Staff...BOOM!
- Mrs. Castro thank you so much for being our interpreter. XOXO Michelle & Katie
- “Team Two” you are doing an amazing job with your power point presentations and collaborations –really enjoying working with everyone!!!
- Thanks for a great team meeting 2nd grade!
- To Sarah and Jackie, Jenna and . . . Carl . . . ( L O L ) great presentations!
- Big shout out to my third grade colleagues for being a great team to work with! Thanks for keeping it fun and your willingness to share!
- CARL….You Rock!!!!!
- Thanks Katie for the collaborating last week. The slideshow turned out great.
- A big shout out to Missy and Robyn for the supplies they donated for our parent night. You have very big hearts! Tag
- Mel, thanks for always affirming our efforts. Tag
- Carl, thanks for demonstrating great questioning!
We’re thankful for Officer Hoinkis helps us feel physically safe...and he’s amazing with the kids and helps them feel emotionally safe too!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 12/03: PTO Holiday Shop (12/3-12/7)
- 12/05: Holiday Concerts (9:30 AM-Gr1; 7:00 PM-Chorus) & CAST
- 12/07: Data DUE (End of T1); 2-hour delay
- 12/10: Parent-Teacher Conferences & Book Fair, 1:00 Dismissals (12/10-12/14)
- 12/17: Team Meeting (FUNdations & Eureka Articulation)
- 12/19: BSI Parent Night (5:30 PM-Dinner; 6:00-Workshop)
- 12/21: 1:00 Dismissal (Winter Break, 12/24-1/1)
- 01/02: Winter Pep Rally
- 01/04: Star Student Luncheon