Roosevelt Elementary Newsletter
Hello from Ms. Larson's Classroom!
Celebrating Halloween at School
Due to the unfortunate circumstances we are facing this year we will not be having the traditional Halloween Parade and classroom parties. However, students will be allowed to wear costumes on Friday, October 30, 2020. Classroom teachers may have some small activity that students participate in during class that day. Please do not send your to school with any type of classroom candy and/or treat. We will not be allowing students to distribute or share any items. I appreciate your support in helping keep all students and staff safe at Roosevelt.
iCenter Book Check-out
CHROMEBOOK ACCIDENT AND LOSS PROTECTION
Click Here to view this information on the WBSD website.
Accident and loss protection for the 2020-2021 school year is available to West Bloomfield School District families for the district provided HP 11 G8 Chromebooks.
Two options are available- Opting in (selecting accident and loss protection) or opting out (full cost responsibility). REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHOICE, YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE ENROLLMENT STEPS BELOW TO SELECT IF YOU ARE OPTING IN OR OUT OF THE ACCIDENT AND LOSS PROTECTION. ANYONE RECEIVING A DISTRICT CHROMEBOOK PRIOR TO OCTOBER 7, 2020 MUST MAKE THIS CHOICE BY OCTOBER 30, 2020. IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE A CHOICE BY THEN, YOU WILL BE DEFAULTED TO THE FULL PRICE OPTION.
Any Chromebook requests after OCTOBER 6, 2020 must be an Oakland Schools Service Desk ticket request by the parent/guardian.
Regardless of your selection, please submit an Oakland Schools Service Desk ticket FIRST when you have a Chromebook damage issue, the Chromebook is lost, or the Chromebook is stolen. This way we can ensure the proper steps are being taken in a prompt and timely manner.
OPTION 1- ACCIDENT AND LOSS PROTECTION
This is a yearly opt in. There is no refund opportunities if you do not use the accident and loss protection for the year.
OPTION 2- FULL COST RESPONSIBILITY
You are responsible for the full cost of any repair and replacement if the device is lost. If the device is stolen, a police report will be required to waive being charged full cost of the device.
- Please review the INACOMP PRICING SHEET.
- Please complete ENROLLMENT STEPS , selecting you ARE NOT participating in the accident loss protection program.
If you have any questions, please email Allyson Dewar at email@example.com
Updated Attendance Policy
Attendance will be taken on Wednesday (online learning) via Google form. Students need to complete the Google form that is loaded on the teachers Canvas page to be counted “present” on Wednesday. Teachers will input this information into PowerSchool.
Attendance will be taken for all specials Zoom sessions. Specials teachers will mark students absent who are not attending the Zoom session. If there is a technology issue that limits your student from attending please contact the teacher via email.
Free Meal Distribution for Roosevelt Families
The USDA has generously provided funding which allows the West Bloomfield School District to provide meals free of charge until December 31 or until funds expire to any child 18 or under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physical disabled that is recognized by a state or local public educational agency.
Meals can be pre-ordered and picked up curbside at Roosevelt Elementary or West Bloomfield High School on Wednesdays at no cost. Pick-up time at Roosevelt site is 11:00am-1:00pm. You may select a time choice for West Bloomfield High School pick-up. Each child will receive seven days of breakfast and lunch meals. The meal pre-order link with details can be found on the Food Service page at WBSD.org https://www.wbsd.org/departments/food-service
If you have any canvas related support questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free (live) Zoom Yoga Sessions for Roosevelt Students
I hope you and your family can enjoy this event! Taylor did a great job leading yoga and mindfulness in the spring!
Topic: Yoga and Mindfulness with Roosevelt
Time: Wednesdays 10 am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 1307 1173
Student Signs in Car Windows
If you need a new sheet of colored paper please email your student(s) teacher and we will send a new colored sheet home.
Arrival and Dismissal
- We will continue to have the parking lot closed while we are in phase (4) of the return to learn plan. No parents will be allowed to park and walk onto school property to pick students up.
- Students who are walkers will be required to exit school grounds at the light (Cass Lake) or out the back of the playground. Parents are not allowed to walk up to the school and meet students. Please meet them at one of these two locations.
- Car line parents- Please make sure you have the colored paper in the window with your students name clearly written on it. This will help us speed up the dismissal process when loading students.
- Car line parents- Please pull as far forward as possible when entering the front pickup lot. I know it is tempting to stop where your student is located but pulling forward allows us to get more cars into the lot. When the light changes we can then have more cars exit the lot speeding up the process. We will continue to monitor students so they do not walk to cars until they have come to a complete stop.
- If you need to make changes to the way your student is going home please make sure you communicate with your student's teacher and/or the office.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting this process and making it run smoothly.
Roosevelt Title I information
Title I is a federally funded program that support schools whose enrollments include a percentage of economically disadvantaged students. In West Bloomfield, the following schools have been identified as Title I schools:
- Roosevelt Elementary
- Sheiko Elementary
- Abbott Middle School
Title I funds are used to hire staff that provide academic interventions to support Title I identified students most at risk.
For further information about the Title I programs, please contact the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment office at 248-865-6479.
TITLE I RESOURCES AND INFORMATION: