Family Newsletter-Summer 2019
Summer is here and it has been another great year at our school. Construction just started on our HSD Bond projects. When you return after summer break, we will have a new parking lot/bus drop off, air conditioning, new classroom furniture and more. There is more info below regarding these projects. We wish you a safe, fun, and sunny summer. Enjoy!
Mrs. Gina McLain
- Thurs., Aug. 15th--School office opens for next school year, 7:15-3:15 (if you need info or help before then, please call the HSD Admin Center at 503-844-1500)
- Wed., Aug. 28th--Meet and Greet/Back to School Night, 4:00-5:30 PM (more info below)
- Tues., Sept. 3rd---First Day of School for Grades 1-6
- Thurs., Sept. 5th--First Day of School for Kindergarten
Meet & Greet/Back to School Night
Lenox Bond Information
Construction has started for our Bond projects! Hooray! They started on Monday prepping for our new parking lot/bus drop off and many of our inside projects. Fencing has been placed around the perimeter of the construction zone. There will be no access to the building until our office reopens on August 15th.
Flexible Classroom Furniture
- All classrooms will be receiving new furniture for next school year. See the picture below for an example of some of the furniture that you will see in our classrooms. Kindergarten and 1st grade will be getting tables, chairs, and alternative seating options. 2nd grade will be receiving desks, chairs and alternative seating. 3rd-6th grades will be receiving desks, standing desks, chairs and alternative seating. The desks and chairs vary in size appropriate to the grade level.
- This spring each classroom received a new mounted projector, desktop computer, document camera, sound system, and screen.