Welcome to 6th Grade!
A Message from Your 6th Grade Teachers!
Dear Soon to be Sixth Graders and Parents,
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Middle School! Below you will find your required summer reading assignments, your IXL Math assignment and your 6th grade supply list.
One of the most fun things about starting 6th grade is getting your own locker. If you are purchasing locker organizers or decorations, please keep in mind that the lockers are not magnetic. Anything you put up should be attached with Command Strips or something else that can be removed cleanly at the end of the year.
Have a fun and relaxing summer! We will see you on Book Day!
The 6th Grade Team
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary has bundled tuition which includes field trips, school pictures, yearbook, and student planners. Below is a list of supplemental supplies your child will need for 6th Grade:
- 1" Black Binder
- 1" White Binder
- Colored Pencils - Crayola - 12 Ct
- Composition Book - Wide Ruled - Black - 100 Ct
- Composition Book - Wide Ruled - Purple - 100 Ct
- Correction Pen
- Dry Erase Markers - Expo - 4 Color Set - Chisel
- Elmers Blue Washable Stick - Purple - Jumbo
- Highlighter - Pen Style - Chisel - 3 Pack - Yellow, Blue, Pink
- Markers - Crayola - Classic - 08 Ct - Thick
- 1 Spiral Notebook - 100 Ct
- 1 Blue Spiral Notebook - Wide ruled - 70 Ct
- Loose Leaf Paper - College ruled - 200 Ct
- Pencil - Mechanical - BIC - .7mm - 10 Pk
- Pencil - Mechanical - BIC - Refill - .7mm - 30 Pack
- No. 2 Pencils - Sharpened - 12 Pk
- Pens - 2 Pk - Blue
- Ruler - 6 Inch - Plastic
- Scissors - Fiskar - 6 Inch - Big Kids
- TI-84 Plus graphing calculator
- One pair of earbuds/headphones with 3.5mm (not bluetooth or Apple lightning)
- Pencil case
- Reusable water bottle
- Individual or pocket-sized hand sanitizer
- Individual tissue packets
Shop & Support: If you use AmazonSmile, .5% of your purchase will go to GMA! Click below to get started!
Summer assignment information and IXL tracking sheet!
UPDATE: The document below has been updated to reflect IXL's most recent skillset changes. Students should spend 15-20 minutes on each skill listed in the document attached.