BAIS High School 2020
Your Chance to Earn a U.S. High School Diploma in Banjul!
Banjul American International School
Trusted for over 35 years to deliver an international standard of education to international resident families and local Gambian families; BAIS offers:
- Excellent teachers;
- Highly engaged students;
- Unparalleled quality of education;
- A down-to-earth school community;
- Individualized support for every learner;
- A caring, supportive environment that prizes diversity;
- Development of critical thinkers and engaged global citizens;
- An internationally relevant curriculum founded on U.S. standards;
- Connection to the best international schools across Africa and the world;
- A holistic program of academics, service learning, arts, sports and technology;
- Students prepared to transition successfully from The Gambia to schools abroad;
- And, now, a high school program preparing students for universities around the world!
Join the Class of 2024!
Campus is Closed but Admission is Open!
We are accepting applications for all grades for 2020-21 and our parents can attest that our courses are engaging and rigorous to be sure our students are prepared for the next grade level. The Corona Virus pandemic has us staying safe at home and the same rigorous learning continues at BAIS through Zoom video conferencing and online learning platforms -- Pre-Kindergarten through High School.
Our first cohort of students is set to begin their studies in Grade 9 on September 1, 2020.
Seats are limited to join this cohort; apply today!
High School 2020-21: Fees
BAIS High School will graduate its first class in 2024. This 'Class of 2024' will begin high school this fall in Grade 9. The following tuition rates for Self-Paying families will apply.
- Tuition - $5,500 per annum
- Technology Fee - $500 per annum
- Returning Student Fee (paid at end of year for following year) - $100-$200 per annum depending on date paid
- Application Fee - $200
- Development Fee - $4,350 per student
Field Trips and lunches may entail individual fees.
BAIS Students - Inspired to Learn
More than simply learning, we push our students to read critically, to think creatively about multiple perspectives and solutions to any problem and to express their ideas clearly in writing, music, art and through technology.
Our standards are clear and the units developed by our teachers to help students meet those standards are designed to be thought-provoking and to capture the imaginations of our learners. Click below for more information.
"Entrance to UK universities is also available to students in American high school programs. Generally, UK unis look at SATs and SAT Subject tests or ACTs and expect at least three Advanced Placement courses."
Come Channel Your Creativity in the Arts!
The arts at BAIS include art and music, with dance, poetry and drama added into English and PE classes and the annual musical in which every student performs. Come learn to express yourself and to appreciate the voices of those around you.