PSJA Elvis J. Ballew CCTA Library
Welcome Back, PSJA Elvis J. Ballew CCTA Library Patrons!
PTI teachers also have access to a Library Google Classroom from PSJA Elvis J. Ballew CCTA Library.
TSLAC and TEA 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.10.1, 7.14.2, 7.15.1 and 7.15.2
Library Google Classrooms
Bright Summer Reader Program
The BSR form is located in your Library Google Classroom. Please fill out the form and email it to me by September 25th at email@example.com or submit it via Library Google Classroom.
The students who read the most pages in their grade level (9th-12th) will be recognized as the TOP READER and will receive AWESOME prizes. :)
TSLAC and TEA 7.2.1 and 7.14.2
High School Battle of the Books
The 5 required books are:
1. 57 Bus: A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater (MackinVIA eBook)
2. Scythe by Neal Shusterman (Presently, the library does not have an eBook. Sorry!)
3. Silence Between Us by Alison Gervais (MackinVIA eBook)
4. Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly (MackinVIA eBook)
5. With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo (MackinVIA eBook)
You can checkout Battle of the Books eBooks via MackinVIA by logging into your backpack.
The high school team that wins the district competition will advance to compete at the regional level.
TSLAC and TEA 7.2.1 and 7.14.2
MackinVIA Student Backpacks
1. Log into MackinVIA
2. Click on the Log In button which is located in the upper right hand corner.
3. Input your credentials. Username: StudentID# and Password: StudentID#
4. Click on the backpack icon to see options.
5. Start browsing and checking out books.
With a MackinVIA backpack account, you can checkout ebooks, mark favorites, take notes, and request ebooks.
See images below to guide you.
If your credentials are not recognized, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TSLAC and TEA 7.6.1 and 7.10.1
myON - Thousands of eBooks!!
1. Log into your myON account using Clever.
2. As a new user, complete the Interest Survey.
3. Take the Lexile Placement Assessment. (Please take your time.)
4. In two week intervals, Benchmark Assessments will be administered. (Please take your time.)
6. Take note of your new Lexile Score.
IMPORTANT: When you finish reading a myON ebook, please MAKE SURE to Star Rate the book. Then, SUBMIT the rating. By submitting the rating, a test on the book will appear. Please note that not all myON ebooks have a quiz.
If a myOn ebook does not have a quiz, Accelerated Reader might have one available.
For your Accelerated Reader username and password, please email email@example.com .
Two Smore eNewsletters have been created with steps on how to access myON. Click on the links below.
TSLAC and TEA 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.6.1, 7.8.2, 7.10.1, 7.12.1, 7.14.2, 7.15.1, 7.15.3 and 7.19.0
1. Click on the web address: https://global-zone08.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/239158
2. Click on the I'm a Student button.
3. Input your username and password (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your username and password.)
4. Once you log in, click on the orange Accelerated Reader icon to access tests.
5. Search for book titles.
6. Take tests.
Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2
School Librarian Lisa Hernandez became a Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2.
Click on the link below to read a district article featuring librarians becoming Google certified.
TSLAC and TEA 7.16.0 and 7.19.0