Afghanistan's capital is Kabul
The population is 31,108,077 as of Wed. Feb. 13 2014
Physical Features, The 3 Main Rivers
Theres the Hari Rud in the center, The Helmand in the Southeast, and The Amu Darya in the North.
Country's North, South, East, and West of Afghanistan
- North-Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, China
- South- Pakistan
- East- Pakistan
- West- Iran
- Important trade routes as the Silk Road for centuries extended from China to Europe and it wounded through the mountain's passes in Afghanistan.
- When Alexander the Great conquered Afghanistan he fell in love and married Roxane.
- Genghis Khan and his armies destroyed anything in their path even people.
- When the Arab armies conquered Afghanistan they brought Islam with them.
Lifestyle of a Kid
- In Afghanistan the kids there have to do adult responsibilities at the age of 10.
- Afghanistan kids always find fun ways to do simple things because they don't have a lot of free time.
- Females do all the cooking, washing, and cleaning in the family.
- Afghanistan people marry and have children at a young age especially in the country side.
Society of Getting Around
- Not many Afghanistan people own their own cars.
- There are roads that are paved but some of them got damaged in wars.
- People on the country side take horse-down carts, animal rides, or they walk.
- Japan and the United States helped Afghanistan build roads and highways connected to the capital of Kabul to Kandahar.
- The birth is a baby is a time to celebrate three days after females throw a party. Its called a Shab-e-shash.
- Afghanistan's name means "Lands of the Afghans."
- Lots of women there were long and base cotton robes is called a chadri.