October 21, 2022
PICTURE RETAKE DAY-Thursday, OCTOBER 27, 2022
Picture Retake Day will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2022, for the following students:
- Scholars who were enrolled after September 22, 2022.
- Scholars who were absent on the original picture day (September 22, 2022).
- Scholars who purchased a package and would like to retake their picture.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and our IB Ambassadors were back at work raising money for a local cause with a special wear pink dress-down day held today.
This month, all funds raised will be donated to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation. Their mission is dedicated to ending the suffering caused by breast cancer through Research, Education, Advocacy & Direct Services.
As of the start of school today, we've raised $2345!
We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to the following families for their generosity in sponsoring their entire classes:
- Carol and Richard Fiore & Garret and Marisa Severen who sponsored both Ms. DeSimone & Ms. Koskan's classes. Carol is a recent breast cancer survivor and the grandmother to Devyn & Logan Severen.
- Jessica Decker & Patrick Callen who sponsored Mr. Speiller's class. Lily Callen's grandmother, also known as Go-Go and Aunt Kelly, was lucky enough to have wonderful doctors and great support groups around her. The Callen family is paying it forward to the doctors and hoping this helps one of our students' family members someday.
- Ms. Cindy Brooks, a first-grade teacher at our school, sponsored her entire class!
- Terry & Gleni Drummey sponsored their daughter Amalia's classes taught by Ms. Taylor & Ms. Powell. They were joined by the Yilmaz family, who sponsored the same classes for their daughter, Arya.
- The Moir family sponsored Ms. Hanza's class for their son, Max.
- Mary Martin sponsored Ms. Oliver's class for her daughter, Skylar Loder.
This fundraiser will remain open throughout the weekend if you'd like to contribute to this special cause. Click here to donate.
FORMER SCHOLAR BOOK DONATION
Our alumnus, Reed Joeckel, came back to Franklin and donated over 700 books to teacher classroom libraries. He also took time to speak to Year 3 students in the Career Ed class about the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) Choice Program he is in at Dwyer High School. Reed gave students incredible insight into what it is like being in a High School Choice Program.
PYP COOKIE & ICE CREAM PURCHASES
Starting next week, PYP scholars will be able to purchase a cookie during lunch on Wednesdays and ice cream on Fridays.
SCHOLARS MUST HAVE MONEY ON THEIR LUNCH ACCOUNT TO PURCHASE A COOKIE OR ICE CREAM
PAGE TURNERS SOCIETY LITERACY NIGHT: NOVEMBER 3, 2022
KINDERGARTEN & FIRST GRADE STORYBOOK PARADE
LOST! NEEDS TO BE FOUND!
We already have some items that need to find their owner.
Has your child lost a water bottle, lunchbox, or piece of Franklin clothing?
Please ask the to check the Lost and Found in the cafeteria.
PLEASE LABEL ALL ITEMS WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME!
ATTRIBUTE OF THE MONTH
An OPEN-MINDED student knows that all people are different. They listen to the points of view of others and consider many possibilities before making a decision. They celebrate the differences that make all people unique.
We ARE HIRING!
Building Better People, Every Day
Franklin Academy, a FREE Public Charter School, Now Serving Students in Grades K-12.