The 7th Grade Skinny
That Time You Rolled Out of Bed and Realized Your 7th Grader is Pretty Much An 8th Grade Now........
It's time for your 7th grader to say thank you to his or her 8th grader!
All year, 7th graders have been assisting their 8th grade family leader every Friday in preparation for their leadership role next year. It is tradition for the 7th grader to bring a small gesture of thanks on the last day of families which is this Friday, May 20th! Some ideas of thank you gifts are below:
- Breakfast burrito
- Starbucks drink
- A bouquet of flowers from your garden
- A video song or thank you
- A thoughtful homemade letter or card
What Kids Should Be Talking about.....
- Wednesday, June 1st: English
- Thursday, June 2nd: Math
- Friday, June 3rd: History
- Monday, June 6th: Science and World Language
Final exam study guides go out next week!
Personal Responsibility and Leadership Sessions
~For each one should carry their own load. (Galations, 6:5)
We are asking the 7th grade student body to join us in for deep reflection on personal responsibility, and what it means to be a leader as they are about to end this year and make the transition into their last year at MJS. They will engage in reflective writing and small group discussion with faculty. The student-teacher ratio for the small groups is 4:1.
The students experienced the first session last week, and they will be participating again this week, culminating in a mini-retreat before the school year ends.
We look forward to enhancing the positive genius of this class!
What You Should Not Be Forgetting About.....
Hodgins Library 8th Annual Recycle and Read:
This Friday, May 13 through Thursday, May 19, Hodgins Library will sponsor the 8th Annual Recyle & Read Event, and everyone is invited to participate. What is it, you might ask? Simply put, our MJS community has been dropping off their gently used books during the school year. Our Library Committee sorts through all titles - infant through adult - displaying them on tables in the library during Recycle and Read. Parents, students, faculty and staff can stop by and pick up books to take home, free of charge.
Repeat After Me: "Mark your Calendars!"
- Week of May 16th Morning Carpool: Bonfils
- Monday May 16th-Friday May 20th: Arts Week in the Gym!
- Friday May 20th: Spring Concert 1pm
- Monday May 23rd: Culminating Projects Due
- Wednesday May 25th: Reach Out Assembly and Service-learning Showcase
- Thursday May 26th: Service-Learning Show Case and Sports Awards, Hot dog lunch provided
- Friday May 27th: Blue and White Day and Pancake Breakfast, half day
- Monday May 30th: Memorial Day, no school
- Wednesday June 1st-Monday June 6th: Final Exams
Week of May 23rd Morning Carpool: Donaldson
May 23 Giving Bank: Bonfils Group 1: Joe Adams, Sophia Cotman, Luke Garrity, Sullivan Henney, Claire Pratt, Ethan Lo
Drivers: Mark Adams and Miriam Lo