Technological Applications for Differentiating Instruction
Contact Dr. Fecich
Tuesday July 7, 2015 - Tuesday August 18, 2014
Tuesdays, 6:00 pm -8:30 pm via Blackboard Elluminate
Face to Face: Saturday, July 25, 2015 from 9:00 am -3:00 pm in Carey 22
About your instructor: Dr. Samantha Fecich
- Email: Samantha.Fecich@email.stvincent.edu
- Phone: 412-977-9212
- Twitter: @SFecich
- Skype ID: Samantha.Fecich
- Office hours: By Appointment via Skype
This class is going to be a "flipped format", meaning all lectures will be viewed by you the student at home. You will also need to read an article or two or view a video prior to attending class. You must come prepared to discuss the material given to you. Please note that the lectures have some form of interactive piece that requires you to respond. If at any time you are confused by the content in the lecture - please contact me via any of the channels listed about instructor. During class, we will be conducting discussions, role-plays, and projects around the given topic.
- Examine the role of technology as tools for differentiation.
- Advance students’ knowledge of technological tools and resources that are both meaningful and motivational for diverse learners.
- Encourage professional growth by using technology tools for reflection and collaboration.
- Make informed decisions with regard to types and levels of assistive technology devices and services and supports based on individual needs.
- Identify the benefits of technology for the individual with a disability.
- Identify ways of expanding opportunities for participation within settings that can accommodate wide ranges of differences in abilities and interests.
Getting started activity
- View the Welcome - Start here page
- Download and review the course syllabus located on the "Syllabus" page.
- Discussion Activity
- Complete the discussion post listed under "Your classmates" page. (Under Contact and Discuss select Discussion board and select the discussion thread "introduce yourself" or click on "your classmates" under About instructor & classmates section)
- Be sure to respond to 2 peers' responses.
- Access to an Internet connected computer along with webcam and microphone.
- Tested your system for Blackboard Collaborate. http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=1473
- View the video and tutorial here:http://www.brainshark.com/blackboardinc/vu?pi=zGLzYw5XBz35Sgz0
6. Create a Twitter account (professional use). We will be using Twitter as a way to communicate outside of class and to share resources. Review the Twitter how to page (located on the left hand side navigation under Welcome - Start here)
7. Navigate to week 1 and complete 2 PDF readings