Gerner Cub News 3/9-3/13/15
Caring Staff ~ Quality Instruction ~ Purposeful Learning
Continuous Improvement through PBIS & February Super Cub Winners
With the implementation of the new Super Cub Staff Recognition program, 100% of classrooms turned in their paws in the month of January! This is just one way our PBIS leadership team is utilizing data to see how effective our school-wide implementation is going. GO CUBS!
In order to qualify to "spin the Super Cub wheel", classrooms must turn in their classroom paws monthly and support staff must have handed out their paws to students demonstrating Super Cub behavior (which have been turned in to Irene). The classrooms and support staff names are then drawn at the first faculty meeting of the month. Congrats to this month's winners!
- Allison Dawson: Lunch from Dr. Currey
- Room 181: Miss Kidwell - Reserved Parking Spot (back lot); Mrs. Hurst - Treasure Chest
- Nurse Tracy: Jeans Day
- Room 2: Mrs. Dagley - Classroom coverage; Ms. Kendall - Jeans Day; Ms. O'Hara - Treasure Chest
- Room 118: Miss Ready - $25 Purchase Order; Mrs. Hart - Treasure Chest
As a reminder, teachers and support staff can hand out paws to any and all students for demonstrating Super Cub behavior in the hallways, playground, restroom, and MPR!
Weeks of 3/9-3/20/2015
MONDAY 3/9/2015 Stand Up to Stop the "R" Word
- 8:30 a.m. Picture (cub attire and jeans) - $5 donation to Special Olympics
- Angie in and out that afternoon for PAT home visits
- 5:30-7:30 Open Enrollment in Upstairs MPR
TUESDAY 3/10/2015 - LLMPR in use all day
- Papa John's Night
- Angie out AM on PHSD business
- Luncheon (still spots available) http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da9a728aafc1-preschool1/
- 4 p.m. Baby Shower in workroom
THURSDAY 3/12/2015 - Spirit Wear March Madness!
- 1:30 p.m. School wide PBIS Mtg
- 2:30 p.m. Angie out of building
FRIDAY 3/13/2015 - NO ECSE or TITLE I STUDENTS
- Non-work day for Teacher Assistants
- Tuition Preschool Teacher Work Day (subs available upon request to work on report cards and prep for conferences)
MON-WEDNESDAY 3/16-3/18/2015 - NO ECSE OR TITLE I
- Tuition Preschool in Session
THURSDAY & FRIDAY 3/19-3/20/15 - GERNER CLOSED
- Happy Spring Break!
- Update classroom thermometers based on Quarter 3 Data
- Report Cards - Due March 23rd (Preschool Teachers - if doing conferences over spring break, these should be done PRIOR to conferences to review with parents)
- Progress Notes
- Teachers/Therapists - Finalize PDP - send to Angie 2 days prior to Summative Evaluation meeting
2015 Spirit Award Nominees
Nominate an outstanding classified or certified Gerner employee who is exemplary. The employee shows enthusiasm and care toward students, parents, and fellow employees. Submit your nomination by March 13th. The individual with the most nominations will be our Award Winner.
Past Award Winners
2006 ~ Mary Dagley
2007 ~ Sarah Mai
2008 ~ Elaine Hollingsworth (PAT Supervisor)
2009 ~ Jeff Foster (Former Head Custodian
2010 ~ Julie Bates
2011 ~ Joan James
2012 ~ Jim Cutsinger
2013 ~ Cregg Porter
2014 ~ Angela Saus