MONDAY MEMO...Feb. 8, 2016
TO: ALL MCMILLAN FACULTY AND STAFF
- Teachers,If you haven't COMPLETED YOUR IREADY DIAGNOSTICS! Please do so ASAP? We need your data ASAP.
- It's time to start preparing for PT Conferences. Starting this Monday the 8th, you will have until the 14th to set your schedule (block out necessary times). The parent window will open "on-line" on the 15th of Feb. through Feb. 25th.
- Hopefully you received the emails with both Tuesday's Team PD schedule as well as the schedule for those of you who will have Repertory Dance presenting to your classes on Wednesday. If you didn't, please let me know.
AMY MAUTZ! Yes, Amy too is a behind the scenes person, but again, I can't imagine what we would do without her. Amy is a master at providing help and support for our students that sometimes we lose patience with. She is there to support us adults as well, to keep us going, be positive, and provide what is necessary for these children who need us most.
TERESA BIGELOW! Not so much behind the scenes but definitely a foundational piece of our school. Whether it is acting as secretary, nurse, mother, phone operator, neighbor, friend, and more, Teresa does it all. She is so incredibly organized and thorough that I don't believe any of us know exactly what she does. She is the first person people see and someone we all, including students and parents, love and appreciate.
WEEK IN REVIEW:
- Feb. 9 - Grade level PD - see separate email for schedule
- Feb. 9 - 12:00 - PTA Meeting
- Feb. 9 - 2:00 - Repertory Dance Assembly
- Feb. 10 - 8:15 - 12:15 - BLT Meeting
- Feb. 10 - Repertory Dance in classrooms (lower gr. if signed up)
- Feb. 12 - Valentine Parties
- Feb. 12 - Major storm predicted as soon as the bell rings!
- Feb. 11-12 - Joy will be out of the office. See Toni, Amy, and/or Cynthia if you need anything.
- Feb. 15 - NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 16 - PD - 8:10 - 3:50 - Lunch will be provided.
PLC/iSupport Schedule for this week: Please make sure I have your updated SLOs.
This week your PLCs and iSupport times will be yours to review data, and share instructional plans and activities (regular PLCs).
TESTING DATE WINDOWS AND OPT OUT INFO...
IREADY Diagnostics - April 4-29 (Note: this is a change from last week.)
SAGE Math/Language Arts/Science - MAY 2-20
(We will start setting up the schedule sometime in March.)
If you have anyone asking you about opting out of testing (such as SAGE) they need to complete a form provided by the state. Have them see me.
If they have previously opted out, they must still complete another form, as it is necessary for students/parents to opt out each year.