2019-2020 Parent Newsletter
February 7, 2020 - Issue #24
WESTERN WHIRL DANCE AND FAMILY EVENT TONIGHT...DOORS OPEN AT 6:00 PM
UIL Awards Ceremony on February 12th
We can't wait to recognize all of the teams and coaches for their hard work this year in UIL!
Important Bus Safety Reminders
Thank you for your help in keeping students safe.
What's Happening in Classrooms...
Student are working together to read a nonfiction text about Groundhogs to determine author's purpose in Mrs. Outlaw's class.
Dictionary skills are being put to good use during a prefix assignment in Ms. Gase's class.
Parent's Night Out
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue or your arm/sleeve; and
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
As a reminder, it is Lago Vista ISD policy that students with a fever of 100 degrees or greater must stay out of school and not participate in after-school activities until they are fever-free for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication. Furthermore, students with diarrhea or vomiting must also stay home until they are symptom free without symptom-suppressing medications for at least 24 hours.
Taking these steps will help minimize the exposure of illnesses like the flu and the possibility of spreading them to students and staff who are not sick. Thank you for helping us create the safest and healthiest learning environments for the students and staff of Lago Vista ISD!
Yearbooks are available to order!!
Deadline: April 6, 2020
A new feature this year is the ability to add personalized pages to your child’s yearbook. These pages will only be in the yearbook you order.
Don’t forget to submit your pictures to the Facebook page or by email.
Yearbook 2019-2020 Lago Vista Elementary
Lost and Found
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Hello LVES Families! I want to thank all of you whose children participated in our Great Kindness Challenge! I have received so many completed Acts of Kindness Checklists, and a lot of positive feedback from teachers and parents about this Project Vinátta activity! I am still working on filling out all of the Character Award certificates, so if your child turned in a checklist and has not yet received their award and gift certificate to Mighty Fine, don’t worry, it will be delivered to them or their teacher soon! I really appreciate everyone’s support with this school-wide kindness initiative!
The character trait we are learning about during our guidance lessons in February is Fairness. Fairness means practicing justice, equity, and equality, cooperating with one another, and recognizing the uniqueness and value of each other. Students will be understanding ways to show fairness by playing by the rules, taking turns, sharing, being open-minded, not blaming others, and treating all people fairly.
“Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Hola familias de LVES!
¡Quiero agradecerles a todos ustedes cuyos niños participaron en nuestro Reto de la Gran Amabilidad! ¡He recibido tantas listas de verificación de actos de bondad completas y muchos comentarios positivos de maestros y padres sobre esta actividad del Proyecto Vinátta! Todavía estoy trabajando para completar todos los certificados del Premio al Carácter, por lo que si su hijo entregó una lista de verificación y aún no ha recibido el premio y el certificado de regalo de Mighty Fine, no se preocupe, se lo entregaremos a ellos o a su maestro. ¡pronto! ¡Realmente aprecio el apoyo de todos con esta iniciativa de amabilidad en toda la escuela!
El rasgo de carácter que estamos aprendiendo durante nuestras lecciones de orientación en febrero es la imparcialidad. Equidad significa practicar justicia, equidad e igualdad, cooperar unos con otros y reconocer la singularidad y el valor de los demás. Los estudiantes comprenderán formas de mostrar justicia al cumplir las reglas, tomar turnos, compartir, tener una mentalidad abierta, no culpar a los demás y tratar a todas las personas de manera justa.
“Vive para que cuando tus hijos piensen en justicia, cuidado e integridad, piensen en ti.” ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Friday, February 14: Chris Hyde, Joe Johnson, Isai Arredondo
If you are interested in signing up to be a Watch DOG, please contact Ms. Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check available dates.
Attendance at LVES
We continue to stay steady with attendance. Cold and flu germs are still around, so read the tips above on how to stay healthy during these cold months.
Attendance for week of 1/31-2/6: 94%
Grade Level Attendance:
First Grade: 94%
Second Grade: 95%
Third Grade: 94%
For more information on why attendance matters for your child and our school, along with the difference between an excused and unexcused absence, click on the following links:
LVES Office Hours
Marcy Kuske, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Christine Harris, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- February 12th: UIL Awards Assembly; 1:15 pm in the cafeteria
- February 14th: Valentine's Day Parties
- February 15th: Parent's Night Out (hosted by LVHS Junior Class); 6:00-10:00 pm in Cafeteria
- February 17th: Student and Staff Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- March 10th: 3rd Grade Math Benchmark. Limited visitors on campus
- March 11th: 3rd Grade Reading Benchmark. Limited visitors on campus
- March 13th: Touch-A-Truck Event
- March 13th: End of 3rd Nine Weeks grading period
- March 16th-20th: SPRING BREAK
- March 27th: Report Cards go home
- April 1st: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- April 2nd: PK/Kindergarten Round Up for 2020-2021 school year
- April 3rd: Field Day for 2nd and 3rd Grade (no rain out date will be scheduled)
- April 6th: 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- April 7th: Kindergarten Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farm (rescheduled from Fall)
- April 9th: Kinder/1st Grade Field Day (no rain out date will be scheduled)
- April 9th: LVISD GT Showcase and Health & Wellness Fair; 6:00 pm at LVHS MAC
- April 10th: Good Friday, Student/Staff Holiday