FRANKLIN COUNTY 4-H
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES - March 11, 2020
Ohio State and 4-H's Response to COVID-19
As you may be aware, The Ohio State University has announced the suspension of face-to-face instruction of lectures and other similar classroom settings, and the move to virtual instruction effective immediately and through at least Monday, March 30. Also, events deemed nonessential between now and April 20 are subject to review, to evaluate whether they should continue in person. Based on these guidelines, we have outlined below a list of 4-H events/meetings that have been cancelled or postponed.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of viral illnesses is to minimize the circumstances in which individuals might interact and transmit the diseases.
The safety of our community is our top priority. We realize that OSU's COVID-19 policy guidelines will cause disruption, but the risk of not acting outweighs the inconvenience of these temporary measures. We will share updates as more information becomes available.
Franklin County 4-H Schedule Changes
This information is subject to change based on updates the 4-H program is receiving daily.
- Club Meetings - All club meetings are CANCELLED from March 12 to March 30.
(Club meetings from March 31 to April 20 are pending future updates.)
- Advisors are welcome to hold meetings virtually if they have the means and have important matters to discuss.
- Ohio 4-H Conference, March 14 - CANCELLED
- Camp Counselor Meeting, March 16 - VIRTUAL MEETING (Details will be sent to counselors)
- Franklin County 4-H Council Meeting, March 18 - CANCELLED
- Franklin County Teen Leaders Council, March 24 - CANCELLED
- New Volunteer Orientation, March 25 - VIRTUAL (Details coming soon.)
- Fashion Board, March 29 - POSSIBLY POSTPONED (TBD)
- Camp Counselor Meeting, April 2 - TO BE DETERMINED
- Walk & Serve, April 4 - POSTPONED (More info coming soon)
- Clover 5K, April 4 - POSTPONED (More info coming soon)
- Horse Committee, April 6 - POSSIBLY VIRTUAL
- Backyard Poultry Production Vet Science Clinic, April 8 - CANCELLED
- Horse Safety & Ethics, April 14 - TO BE DETERMINED
- Franklin County 4-H Advisor Fair Update, April 15 - POSSIBLY VIRTUAL
4-H ENROLLMENT DEADLINE EXTENDED
IMPORTANT! - Horse possession and lease deadlines are still April 1, but the paperwork does not have to be in until April 15.
Thank you for understanding
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.