EBE Home Connections
May 15, 2022
Weekly Message from Mr. Hanzeli
We are continuing to keep that balance of moving forward student learning in the classrooms while in the background making preparations for the year's end and the coming of the next school year. Here are a few quick notes that can help us all during this time.
- Kindergarten Registration Continues, Please Spread the Word: As you see friends and family in the Stanwood-Camano / Elger Bay community with a child to register for kindergarten, please let them know they can come by the school or register online (directions below).
- Families Moving Into Our Community: Keep in mind that if and as families move in this spring and summer and you get to know them, please direct them to the Elger Bay office or the school district website for online registration
- SHS Graduating "Elger Bay" Senior Visit: The tradition of having the SHS graduates visit their SCSD elementary school returns after a short hiatus this year on Friday, June 10. We are excited to greet them, let them revisit their Elger Bay memories, and take one last organized 'hallway run' as our staff and students cheer them forward
- Camp Elger Bay 2022 (Repeat): Our grade 5 students will be doing a series of camp activities on the days of June 6-9 that will include a field trip to the State Park as well as indoor and outdoor activities on site here at Elger Bay. The G5 teachers (Mrs. James, Mr. Brewer, and Miss Smith) are sending out an invite to their families to consider volunteering for parts of those days. Please consider that opportunity and let your child's G5 teacher know if you can help.
- Grade 5 Human Growth and Development / HIV Instruction (repeat): This item is for the families of grade 5 students and is notice of this annual unit of study. We have sent a hard copy letter to each grade 5 family. There are no changes to the content that will be covered this year and there is an opportunity for G5 families to preview the materials in advance of the unit being presented. Here is an electronic copy of that preview night letter (5/18, Stanwood Elementary, 6:00-7:00) for G5 families. In the near future our G5 team will be deciding which days in June they will be providing this instruction
2022-2023 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
You may register your student ONLINE or dropping by the office for a packet to complete.
REGISTER ONLINE: New Student and Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023
If you come by the office in person, please bring:
- Registration Forms
- Copy of their birth certificate (or other age verification document, as noted)
- Immunization records.
For enrollment purposes, we accept birth certificates, adoption decrees, baptismal certificates, immunization records, previous school records, or entry in a family tree. Other documents not outlined here may also support age verification.
Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31, 2022.
Please call us at 360.629.1290 if you have any questions.
I will leave this button here for parents of G3-G5 students who need a quick reminder of the days their child will be testing.
Monday, May 16, 2022
Washington Comprehensive Assessment Program Assessment Window Continues (grades 3-5)
Monday, May 16, 2022
MAP: Measurement of Academic Progress assessment Window Continues (grades K-5)
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Grade 5 Human Growth and Development Preview Night, Stanwood Elementary, 6:00-700
Friday, May 27, 2022
EBE True Compass / Character Strong Virtual Recognition Assembly
Monday, May 30, 2022
Memorial Day, No School
Monday, June 20, 2022
Last Day of School, 11:00 Dismissal
Friday Family Message, May 13, 2022 (Repeat)
Look at the smiles in this picture! School Resource Officer Bud McCurry comes to the rescue when this SHS student needed help changing a flat tire. We appreciate Bud’s willingness to help students in a variety of ways. This is just one example of the many good deeds our staff do on behalf of our students.
Washington State Broadband Office
The Washington State Broadband Office mapping initiative helps identify gaps in high-speed internet service and areas of broadband infrastructure needed to advance the state’s goal to have universal broadband access in Washington by 2024. We have been asked to encourage our staff and families to take this 1-minute Access and Speed Survey to help map outages in our area and make progress toward universal broadband by 2024.
Kindergarten Registration is Underway for 2022-23
Welcome to the Class of 2035! Kindergarten registration is open in the Stanwood-Camano School District for the 2022-23 school year. To register for kindergarten, your student must be five years old before September 1, 2022. Please visit your resident school (or online at: www.stanwood.wednet.edu/news/general/new_student_and_kindergarten_registration) to register. For more information, please call Rona Olson at 360-629-1237.
Summer School will be held at Lincoln Hill High School. The program will run for 20 days, from August 1to August 26, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Transportation will be provided with limited pickup and dropoff locations around the district.
School counselors will identify courses needed for graduation. If you are interested in enrolling your student, please read through the information linked HERE and return a signed copy to the office at Stanwood High School or the Lincoln Hill High School. If you have questions about graduation requirements, contact your student’s counselor. For general questions about the summer school program, email Carlina Fiordilino at email@example.com.
Culture Night at SHS May 19
Stanwood High School’s German and Spanish Clubs would like to invite you to a night of food, singing, dancing, art, and world culture at its third annual Culture Night from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 19, in the Stanwood High School commons. Performances by students will be the centerpiece of the night, with mariachi and jazz bands, a drum circle, songs in several languages, and a recitation of poetry.
School Board meeting May 17
The School Board will hold its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 17 in the district office Board Room. The agenda is posted HERE in advance of the meeting. Board Briefing meeting summaries are posted HERE.
Deborah Rumbaugh, Ed.D.
EBE Absence Excusal Procedure Options (REPEAT)
It is very important that you excuse your child’s absence(s) within 24 hours of returning to school.
Excusal Method OPTIONS
- Call our office line (360) 629-1290 and leave a message or talk with a secretary. This line will take your calls and voice messages 24/7.
- You will receive a Daily Attendance Email whenever your student is marked with an unexcused absence. Click on the absence form link in the email and fill out the details.
- Send in a written note or email to the office that includes the students full name (first and last), dates of absence(s), and signature. If emailing, please send to both of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- Drop by the office in person and communicate the absence information to one of the secretaries.
- Establish a Stanwood Camano School District Family Access account and go online to excuse each absence.
This button is here if you need to quickly connect to the Elger Bay PTA Facebook Homepage.
SCSD Non Discrimination Statement
The Stanwood-Camano School District does not discriminate in employment, programs, or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX/Affirmative Action Officer and Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator, Maurene Stanton (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Section 504/American Disabilities Act Coordinator, Robert Hascall (email@example.com) Stanwood-Camano School District, 26920 Pioneer Hwy, Stanwood, WA 98292. Telephone: (360) 629-1200.
El Distrito Escolar de Stanwood-Camano School District no discrimina en sus programas o actividades por motivos de sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, origen nacional, edad, condición de veterano de guerra o grado militar, orientación sexual, expresión de género o identidad, discapacidad o uso de perro guía entrenado o animal de servicio, y ofrece igualdad de acceso a los Boy Scouts y a otros grupos de jóvenes especificados. El empleado mencionado a continuación ha sido designado para atender consultas y quejas de supuesta discriminación: Título IX / Oficial de Acción Afirmativa y Coordinador de Cumplimiento de Derechos Civiles, Maurene Stanton (firstname.lastname@example.org), o la Sección 504 / Coordinador de la Ley de Discapacidades Estadounidenses, Robert Hascall (email@example.com), Distrito Escolar Stanwood-Camano, 26920 Pioneer Hwy, Stanwood, WA 98292. Teléfono: (360) 629- 1200.