Andress Orchestra Update
U.I.L. Contest approaches...
Contest: Wednesday April 27th at Bowie H.S.
Our Varsity members will represent the Andress High School Orchestra in competition on Wednesday April 27th at Bowie High School in concert performance and in a sight reading evaluation. Please encourage your student to practice every day to ensure our success at competition. Rehearsals will continue until contest on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting after school and going to 5pm. Please remember that to participate you must attend rehearsals and maintain eligibility in all classes.
Fundraiser Packets due this Tuesday April 6th!
Fundraising is still going on. Students, please use this weekend to gather more orders for from your fundraising brochures. Proceeds will be used for classroom materials and orchestra activities. Fundraising packets are due starting Tuesday:
- 1st & 2nd Periods turn in packets on Tuesday April 5th
- 5th & 6th Periods turn in packets on Wednesday April 6th
Pre-U.I.L. Orchestra Concert
Thursday, April 21st, 6pm
5400 Sun Valley Drive
El Paso, TX
The Varsity Orchestra will perform four pieces:
1. 'Allegro from Sonata No. 1' by Telemann
2. 'Ave Verum Corpus' by Mozart
3. 'An American Folk Symphony, Mvt. 1' by Jeffrey Bishop
4. The Varsity Orchestra will sight read one piece of music they have never seen before live in front of the audience to prepare themselves for contest.
- Concert takes place in the Andress H.S. Cafeteria
- Call time for students is 5:30pm. Dress is concert black.
- Come out and support our talented and dedicated students!
Practice! Practice! Practice!
Students: Practicing is often fun, sometimes drudgery, yet always necessary. For our orchestra to continue its proud tradition of musical excellence each and every student must put forth their best effort to make the ensemble sound great. This means putting aside time every day to work on materials for class that will benefit rehearsals so that we are not practicing in class; rather, in class we work, rehearse, and prepare together. Home is for practice. Please put in the time now and we will continue to succeed together.