Belmont Elementary: A PAWSitive Place to Learn!
Welcome to BeLmOnT eLeMeNtArY!
We've tried to pack all of the information you'll need to get started into this ONE document.
ENROLLMENT WILL BE PROCESSED THROUGH MAY 25th, and DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT JULY 28th & 29th. (Or whenever a new family arrives from August 1st through the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year!
Great! You are well on your way to getting your child enrolled for school!
Documents you will complete through your Skyward Family Access account:
- Parental Insurance Waiver
- Anti-Bullying Policy Awareness
- Acceptable Use Policy for District Technology
- Data Disclosure
- FERPA Preferences
- Other Health Updates, including Over the Counter options for your child.
What About HEALTH Information?
Some of the Health Information Forms that you will complete are included in the Skyward (the second, online after Shelly gives you the green light) portion of your child's enrollment.
- Before your child may begin kindergarten in Kansas, we must have your child's up-to-date immunization record IN OUR HANDS. The immunization record (do they still give out those pink tri-fold cards?) should be completed by your doctor's office and signed by your physician. (Form is attached below- other signed form provided by doctor is acceptable, such as a computer printout of immunizations and applicable dates.)
- A physical or wellness check is also required for students entering a Kansas school for the first time. The physical should be recent to be most helpful, so within the last year, please. (Form is attached below- other signed form provided by doctor is acceptable.)
- Proof of Residency: We'll need a current utility bill, lease, or home contract. We don't care about the details, but we do need to see your name and address to make sure that we are enrolling your child in the correct school of attendance.
- Birth Certificate: Although the certificate they give you at the hospital with the sweet little footprints is adorable, we actually need a copy of the original, certified birth certificate issued by the state in which your child was born. These can take several weeks to obtain from the state so NOW is a good time to request it if you don't already have one. You'll need this for many reasons as your child ages.
- Fees: Student fees are $65 per student, plus a $15 technology fee BUT we don't want your money until July, so just hold on to your dollars for now!
Are you already aware of special service needs for your child? Help us BE prepared! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or any one of the following school helpers.
School Psychologist email@example.com
School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
School Improvement Specialist email@example.com
That was a LOT of information! Our Belmont Office Team is here to help! Call us at 913-667-1810 or email any or all of us! If you need it, our FAX # is 913-667-1811.
Paw Print: Weekly Communication from Pam (the Principal)
The Paw Print is also posted weekly on our school website at usd232.org/be. We'd love for you to visit our site and do a bit of exploring.
If I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. During the school year, I can also be reached by calling the office at 913.667.1810.
Click here to read more about our district guidelines regarding instructional screen time for students. It is our expectation that the use of devices should intentional enhance learning for our students as just one part of a comprehensive plan.
Enrollment: We're OPEN July 28th & 29th!
This is a great time to turn in any paperwork (like proof of residency and health forms), pay fees (exact cash and checks accepted in the office, but electronic options are available online) and get support to complete any remaining online forms!
If your enrollment process is complete, there's no need to stop in unless you just want to say hello! All school supplies pre-ordered through the PTO will be delivered to classrooms before open house. We'll see you at our Family Welcome Night on Monday, August 15!
Click this button to go directly to the PTO order site to pre-order supplies by grade level for 22-23. Deadline the order from the PTO is August 1, 2022.
ALL K-5 STUDENTS NEED HEADPHONES or EARBUDS and a backpack without wheels! If your family needs assistance with obtaining school supplies, please do not hesitate to contact the office at 913-667-1810 or email email@example.com.
End of Day Transportation: Kindergarten through 5th Grade
Our PTO ROCKS!
The Belmont PTO gets things rocking right off the bat each year and we are so very grateful for the support! There are LOTS of opportunities to help with ideas and planning and to volunteer through our PTO throughout the year. There will be plenty of places to sign up and people to talk with about events and such during our Welcome Night in August! Our first PTO Meeting of the year will happen soon after the new year begins. We'll be doing important business to get the year started, so please join us! More information will be available on both the Belmont PTO Website (www.belmontpto.com) and the Belmont Elementary School PTO Facebook page when all of the details are ironed out.
Bulldog Dash, our BIGGEST FUNdraiser, will take place in early fall during a school day. Watch for exciting news and announcements and follow the PTO on Facebook and through their website. You'll find the link right below this article so just keep on scrolling!
Click here for the most current PTO News! All PTO information is located at BelmontPTO.com 24/7! Check it out if you want to BE in the know!
Coming Up at BE:
July 28 Open Enrollment, 1:00pm - 8:00pm
July 29 Open Enrollment, 8:00am - Noon
August 15 Family Welcome Event, 5:30-7pm
August 17 First Day of 2022-2023 School Year for K-5th 12:10 Dismissal, No lunch served.
September 5 Labor Day, No School
September 21 Late Arrival Day, school begins 2 hours late at 10:45. Lunch will be served.
September 28 K-5th 12:10 Dismissal, No lunch served.
September 28 & 29 Parent/Teacher Conferences
September 30 Buildings Closed, No School
Sign up for Text Alerts
Receive emergency information, school closings, early dismissals and administrative reminders on your mobile device. This text and email service is free, but check with your mobile provider as text messaging and data rates may apply.
To subscribe >> Click Here
Community partner Country Club Bank is providing support to ensure this service is available in USD 232.