NCVPS ESPAÑOL 3
WEEK 7, JULY 31 - AUGUST 4
WITH SRA. BEVERLY AGUIRRE
This week we are working on Unit 7, Las Profesiones y las Carreras. (See schedule of assignments below.) Please note that this unit has 5 lessons. Next week we will finish up with Unit 8 (on Wednesday, August 9) and also the Final Exam/Final Project (Friday, August 11). The Final Project counts 25% of the final grade (Exam-12.5% and Project-12.5%).
I am also including next week's Schedule of Assignments (below) for Unit 8 and the Final Exam/Final Project.
Final Project Information
Project for Units 7/8
- Instead of a Units 7/8 project like you have completed for the other projects this summer, you are going to create an extra slide linking units 7 (las carreras y el trabajo) and unit 8 (el arte) as part of the final project. You will receive a grade for this extra slide which will count as your Unit 7/8 project.
- You will put this slide in your Final Project, due Friday, August 11 @ 11:55pm when your Final Project and Final Exam are due.
- You are going to describe 1 different career as an artist (singer, architecture, painter, composer, etc). For each one you should answer these questions with content:
- ¿qué tendrá que estudiar o aprender para vivir de su profesión? (use the future)
- ¿qué tendría que hacer este artista para encontrar trabajo? (use the conditional)
- ¿qué es lo bueno y lo malo de ser artista? (use LO + adjective constructions)
- Make sure you use the grammar requested and vocabulary from the units.
- Check listas de vocabulario.
End of semester information for students
I, _____________________ understand that Units 5-8 will close on Wednesday, August 9 @ 11:55pm. In addition, I understand that I will complete a slide for the project for Units 7/8 by Friday, August 11 @ 11:55pm which will be included in the Final Project for the class. Last, I understand that I am to submit a Final Exam and a Final Project (with the slide for the project for Units 7/8) that will consist of grammar and vocabulary from Units 2-8, which count as 25% of my final grade, also due by Friday, August 12 @ 11:55pm when the Final Exam and Final Project will close. I understand that there will be no extensions to these deadlines.
How are grades calculated?
There is one more RLC this week for Units 6/7 @ 9am on Friday!
Culture Cafe for Extra Credit for Participation Grade
There is a Culture Cafe about "World Languages in the 21st Century" today @9:30am!