Registering to Vote in NC!
Am I qualified?
You must meet these qualifications in North Carolina:
- A United States Citizen
- Must have been a resident of the county at least 30 days before the election date
- 18 years old or 18 years old by the next election
- Not be serving a prison sentence for a felony
- Must have rescinded registrations in other state or county
- A North Carolina Resident
How Can I Register to Vote??
- Complete the Voter Registration Application (fill out and sign)
- Send it to the County Board of Elections office
- You can register at the DMV only if you are also have other business at the DMV (New drivers licence, ID card, Renewing Driver's License, etc. )
- Social Service Offices
- Public Health Offices
- Disability Service Agencies
- The Department of Mental Health Services
- The Employment Security Commission
BY EMAIL OR FAX:
- Email the Voter Registration Application to the Board of Elections Office
- You must also submit you signature in the mail or in person within 20 days of the deadline
**** You should receive your voter registration card in the mail if you have met all of the deadlines****
What are the Registration Deadlines??
- 25 days before the election day
- If your application is postmarked before the deadline but is received late that it will still be accepted
Military, Overseas, and Out of State Registration
MILITARY OR OVERSEAS:
- Can vote using either The Federal Postcard Application or The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot
- You have to physically sign it and give it to the State Board of Elections by 5pm on the day before the election
OUT OF STATE:
- You can vote by mail, email, or fax