East China School District News
Every Child, Every Day!
Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
I’m excited to welcome all staff and students back to school for the 2019-2020 school year! We have an exciting and busy year ahead, full of learning and fun opportunities. As we embark on a new school year I am looking forward to working together with our education community to help each of our students find their strengths and then support them in their own unique abilities as they grow and learn.
Suzanne Cybulla, Superintendent
- Sept 3 First Day of School for Students
- Sept 9 Coffee with the Superintendent 9:30 a.m. Drifter's Restaurant
- Sept 11 PLC Early Release (2 hours)
- Sept 23 Board of Education Meeting 6 p.m.
- Sept 30 Coffee with the Superintendent 9:30 a.m. Riviera Restaurant
- Sept 30 TasteFest 2019 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Oct 9 PLC Early Release (2 hours)
- Oct 16 HS/MS Parent Teacher Conferences
- Oct 17 HS/MS Parent Teacher Conferences - Half Day HS/MS Only
- Oct 18 No School
- Oct 28 Board of Education Meeting 6 p.m.
- Oct 31 Half Day for Elementary Only
Coffee with the Superintendent
East China School District Superintendent Suzanne Cybulla invites East China parents, guardians, and community members for coffee and informal conversation as follows:
These informal coffees offer school families and community members the opportunity to ask questions, offer input and learn more about the school district in a small group setting.
September is Attendance Awareness Month
Backpack Giveaway A Huge Success!
Welcome back events
Literacy Essentials PD
Half Day & Early Release Schedule for 2019-20
Save the Date for TasteFest 2019
School Bus Safety
- When backing out of a driveway or leaving a garage, watch out for children walking or bicycling to school.
- When driving in neighborhoods with school zones, watch out for young people who may be thinking about getting to school, but may not be thinking of getting there safely.
- Slow down. Watch for children walking in the street, especially if there are no sidewalks in neighborhood.
- Watch for children playing and congregating near bus stops.
- Be alert. Children arriving late for the bus may dart into the street without looking for traffic.
- Do NOT pass a stopped school bus.
- Learn and obey the school bus laws in your state, as well as the "flashing signal light system" that school bus drivers use to alert motorists of pending actions:
- Yellow flashing lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop to load or unload children. Motorists should slow down and prepare to stop their vehicles.
- Red flashing lights and extended stop arms indicate the bus has stopped and children are getting on or off. Motorists must stop their cars and wait until the red lights stop flashing, the extended stop-arm is withdrawn, and the bus begins moving before they can start driving again.
Please click on the Bus Stop Information link to view bus schedules. All bus stop arrival and drop off times are approximate. During the first few weeks of school, bus arrival and drop off times may vary. Students are required to be at the bus stop location ten (10) minutes prior to bus arrival times. While drivers and students are getting back into the school routine of safe efficient boarding and exiting of your buses, students may arrive home later than scheduled.
Did You Know?
- Waived fees for college applications
- Waived fees for SAT/ACT tests
- Reduced cost for Pay to Participate in ECSD sports programs
- Waived fee for NCAA Clearinghouse application
- Waived fees for sending SAT/ACT scores to colleges
- Reduced rate for credit recovery classes & summer school classes
- Reduced prices on some school events such as Prom & Homecoming dances
- Reduced internet rates
- Possible financial support for cap & gown
Think you may qualify? Please fill out the free & reduced food application using the link below.