P.S. 188Q Weekly Newsletter
Week of September 12th to 16th
A few reminders:
- Please update contact information that was sent home. Simply cross out any wrong information and send back the information corrected to your child's teacher. We will update the information in our system.
- To promote safety, photo ID will need to be shown when picking up a student early every time to the office staff. Anyone that is not a parent will need to be listed on the Emergency Contact Sheet and provide photo ID as well to the office staff.
- Please obey all traffic laws. Please do not block Kingsbury or Hartland Ave. during arrival or dismissal. Do not park in NO PARKING sections or in the Annex parking lot.
- School begins at 8:00 a.m. Students will be marked late after 8:10 a.m. starting this week.
- Students in grades 4 and 5 need written permission to walk home alone.
- If your child is attending an afterschool, please send in written notification to the attention of Mrs. Bongiovanni.
- For any DOE bussing issues, please reach out to Mrs. Formica by calling the main office. Her hours are 9:30-2:30 p.m. Leave a message if she is not available.
- The PTA Sponsored School Store in the Main Building will begin the week of September 19th and will be open from 7:30-7:55 a.m. Students can purchase pencils, erasers, pens and other small items.
Thank you for a great start to the school year. I look forward to a great year ahead. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Nartowicz, Mrs. Perez-Fung or myself.
💛 Mrs. Figueroa
PTA Sponsored Summer Playdate
Thank you to the PTA Executive Board for hosting a great event!!
📌P.S. 188Q Bell Schedule
NYS ELA and Math Exam Results📝
9 Days of Love💖--September 8th to September 20th
☕Coffee and Conversations with Mrs. Figueroa September 7, 2022
District 26 and Community Education Council 26 Presents 🧘🏻♂️ Parent Yoga🧘🏻♀️ @ P.S. 221Q
- September 13th: PreK and Kindergarten "Meet-Up" Sponsored by the PTA following drop-off
- September 14th: SLT meeting via Zoom @ 6:30 p.m.
- September 16th: Safety Meeting via Zoom @ 7:30 a.m.
- September 21st: "Meet the Teachers" via Zoom 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- September 21st: PTA Meeting via Zoom @ 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- September 26th and September 27th: No School for Rosh Hashanah
- October 5th: No School for Yom Kippur
- October 10th: No School Columbus Day
- October 12th: SLT Meeting @ 6:30 p.m.