🐬 Week of January 11, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Our nurse, Trish Roser, is currently ill and hospitalized. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.
Back to face-to-face learning this week
- Please return devices and materials with your child/ren on Monday morning. Make sure they are packed well in a bookbag, and include the charger and hotspot. But before doing all that, please charge the device. :-)
- Be sure to take temps before leaving for school each morning.
- Please do not send your child to school if he/she shows any covid-related symptoms, including a runny nose.
- Major change to guidelines: if a face-to-face child is sick and needs to stay home, but feels well enough to do work, they may sign on as a remote student and complete the work required and be counted as present for the day. This does not include going on vacation.
Remote students must be on time to class, keep their cameras on, and take all assessments with their class.
- Parents, please use the chat feature when you have a question for a teacher during class time, and not interrupt the teacher while he or she is teaching.
- We cannot stress it enough... please allow your child/ren to do their own work! Helping your child rather than allowing them to experience productive struggle will impede their progress and cause them to fall behind.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately, fed, on time, and ready for school before signing on! This is remote learning (in real time, just like face-to-face) as opposed to virtual learning (where you sign on when it's convenient.)