May 21, 2021
Order Yearbooks Now! Limited Window for Orders
Each yearbook costs $25.00.
Orders for yearbooks are online. Please visit https://store.shopyearbook.com/lwjes to make your purchase. If you like, you can add up to four pages of personalized content for free! You may also add your child's name to the cover for an additional fee.
If your child did not have their photo taken at school photos, the school will reach out with more information about adding their photo to the yearbook. Students without a photo will still have their name included in the yearbook along with the school's "W" logo.
Last Day of School Information
- School is in session for full days on Monday, May 24, 2021, and Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
- School is in session for the final day of the 2021-2022 school year on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, and there will be an early release from school this day at 12:40 p.m. Only school breakfast will be available on the final day of school; school lunch will not be served on the final day of school.
- Safekey will only be open before school on 5/26/2021. There is no afternoon Safekey on 5/26/2021.
- Students are not to bring backpacks to school on 5/26/2021.
Schedule for Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Full-Day Pre-K and K-5 Classes: 9:10 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
UPDATED INFORMATION AM & PM Pre-K: Last Day Is Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Message from Mr. Nellis, Assistant Principal
Dear LWJES Students and Families,
It is with bittersweet emotions that l must let you know that I will not be returning to Louis Wiener, Jr. Elementary School next year. I have been a teacher and administrator for CCSD for 30 years, including a number of years as a computer specialist. Recently, an unexpected opportunity came my way that will allow me to return to work in the IT sector.
With this new beginning, comes the closing of my time with CCSD, and I will be retiring in June.
I would like to thank Mr. Blume, the faculty, and all of the students and families for making these past six years some of the most memorable of my career. To our families, I appreciate the trust you have placed with us to care for and educate your students. To our students, I ask you to remember that through hard work, patience, dedication, and a little bit of luck, you can all achieve great things.
I wish all of you the best,
Reminder: Return of District-Issued Devices (Chromebooks, iPads, and Hot Spots) for Distance Learners
- Keep all District-issued devices for use through 5/26/2021
- Gently clean all District-issued devices prior to 5/26/2021
- Bring all District-issued devices to the building on Wednesday, May 26, 2021
- Devices will be evaluated after collection
- Fines will be assessed accordingly
Be advised that damage to devices will result in fees being assessed. Light wear and tear expected in the course of normal use may not result in fines. Please carefully clean devices prior to returning them to school. This includes removing any stickers that have been applied to devices. It is the expectation of LWJES that devices are returned in the state in which they were issued. Please note, never spray cleaner directly on a device, and only use gentle cleansers if needed.
Please open the file to view more information about the return of devices.
In-Person Learners Reminder - Check Your Child's Health Before School Daily
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, communication will be provided from the school.
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.