Wesley Chapel High School 9/2/20
A message from Mr. McDermott
Girls Soccer Conditioning Begins September 9 from 3:00-4:30
Student Drop Off Loop
mySchool Online Zoom Meetings
Free ACT for Seniors on 10/6/2020 at WCHS
The FLDOE has provided a portion of their Florida CARES ACT plan funding to districts in order to allow all high school students, especially traditionally underserved populations, to have at least one opportunity to take the SAT or ACT in order to quality for admission to a postsecondary institution and/or to qualify for a Bright Futures scholarship.
This will permit Pasco County Schools to offer the reportable ACT to all SENIORS on Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
Students Leaving Campus for Lunch and Lunch Delivery Services
Also, we are not allowed to have food delivery services for students on campus. This is a district policy and a safety issue to have strangers on campus.
Picture Make-Up October 6, 11:30AM-3:30PM
Change of Placement Requests
Please watch this video from Superintendent Browning discussing the value of instructional continuity for our students and scheduling. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKN_DzbaCpM
If you are considering making a permanent choice in your child’s learning option, please do so by Friday, September 11th. The Request to Change Learning Option form can be found at this link.
Computers and Hot Spots
Here is a link for a wait list for students to sign-up to receive a computer.
College Application Process
Let's "meet" to discuss your plans! All grade levels!
Do you need help figuring out your next step? Do you have questions about the college application process? Are you wondering where you stand for your GPA and test scores for admission? Would you like to discuss trades, careers, or military service? Are you interested in seeing what you can do now to help yourself later? Email Mrs. Faysash at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can design a personalized plan for you!
2020-21 Athletic Procedures
2020 Varsity and Junior Varsity Football Schedule
Yearbook and Senior Portraits Information
Information on YEARBOOKS and SENIOR PORTRAITS:
- Last year's yearbook sold out quickly, so plan on pre-ordering your yearbook early. Yearbooks are currently being sold for $80 with a price increase on January 1, 2021. You can purchase through the student fee section or through Walsworth's website, www.yearbookforever.com.
- If you are purchasing anything extra, such as a protective cover or name engraving, you must make your purchase through Walsworth's site.
- Senior ads must be purchased though the Walsworth site. These are on sale now through January 31, 2021.
- Seniors, in order for your photo to appear in the senior section of the yearbook, you must have your photo session with Gigante no later than October 31, 2020. Contact Gigante at 813-907-1078 to schedule your appointment. There is a $15 sitting fee, but you are not obligated to purchase photos. Only Gigante photos can be featured in the senior section.
- Seniors, Gigante will be on campus September 23 and 24 for senior portrait sessions, but you must contact them to schedule an appointment.
- Seniors, want a chance to win a free half page senior ad (valued at $200)? There are TWO ways to enter:
- Preorder your yearbook by Friday, September 11.
- Either get your senior portrait taken by Gigante OR contact them to schedule your session by Friday, September 11.
Click the links below to download WCHS MySchool Online Quick Facts, school supply list, and directions on how to create a parent observer account in Canvas
Please remind your students to wear a face mask and keep their mouth and nose covered. This is for the protection of your student, other students, and staff members. Our number one goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Wildcat masks can be ordered through your fees in your myStudent account. Keep an eye out for our school spirit store opening soon!
Masks must be worn while on campus and we will have Wesley Chapel High School masks for sale if you want to share your school spirit. Masks with valves are no longer acceptable and students will be asked to cover the valves with tape if they wear them to school.
Students returning through mySchool Online will need to attend school remotely, following their standard school schedule and bell times. Click here to read more information specific to mySchool Online.
For families who would like to change their school option, please e-mail Erik Hermansen email@example.com
School Spirit Store
Bus Transportation Information for 2020-2021
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Pasco County School’s Food and Nutrition Services has several important announcements for families. Please listen to the entirety of this message.
School meal accounts can be funded through the MySchoolBucks meal payment service starting on August 15th. Just visit MySchoolBucks.com. You can also view meal history and set spending limits through this service. You also have the option of paying directly in the cafeteria with cash, check, credit or debit. Contactless pay will be available at registers where credit cards are accepted. Students can use contactless cards, or Google Wallet, Android Pay and Apple Pay from their phones.
For students choosing MySchoolOnline, meals will be available for parent pick-up. Details regarding the program will be sent to those households. Please note that meals will only be free to students qualifying for free lunch. Students receiving reduced or paid meals will have their accounts charged based on their status.
If your student will not be returning to school and has money remaining on their account, these funds will stay on their account until they return to school in the future. If you need to request a refund, transfer these funds to another student, or would like them donate them to our hardship fund for students in need, please visit www.pascoschoolmeals.com.
Finally, the free and reduced-price meal application for the upcoming school year is now available at www.PascoSchoolMeals.com. Only one application is needed per household. If already received a Direct Certification letter you do not need to complete an application.
Please contact Food and Nutrition Services with any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 813-794-2522.
Student Parking Passes
- Students must purchase parking passes ($40) through myStudent fees.
- All parking passes will be distributed during lunches during the first two weeks of school. Mr. Garza will distribute parking passes during lunch only.
- Students must have a copy of their driver's license, registration, and insurance in order to receive a parking pass.
- All new drivers must complete the Safe Behind the Wheel Canvas course located on our school website. Click here to access the course and complete it as soon as possible.
- All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and update all vehicle information.
Emergency Card Information and Directions
The Parent Legal Notices and Emergency Card entry for families has in the myStudent system as of 8-4-20. Emergency cards must be complete before access to myStudent will be available. Please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.