SY21 TCES Family Issue #10
October 19, 2020
Greetings Terrapins Families!
Thank you for coming out in the rain last Friday to collect instructional materials. If you missed it, please email Suzanne VerHaagh [email@example.com] or call our main office [301-863-4044] to schedule a time to stop by. Our main office continues to be open by appt. only.
This issue of the Terrapin Tidbits is packed full of upcoming opportunities for fall fun (Red Ribbon Week, Boo Fest Drive-Thru), Health and Safety Info, and other important information and updates. Thank you for reading!
All the best,
- 10/19-10/22 B Week: LIVE Specials Schedule Link
- Wed, Oct 21: Unity Day, Wear Orange!
- 10/26-30: Red Ribbon Week
- Fri, Oct 30: TCES "Boo Fest Drive-Thru" from 2:30-3:30pm
Hybrid Group Return Dates [Calendar Link]:
- Wed, Oct 28 (Hybrid Group A) & Thurs, Oct 29 (Hybrid Group B) - K Students Return
- Mon, Nov 2 (Hybrid Group A) & Thurs, Nov 5 (Hybrid Group B) - 1st Grade Students Return
- Mon, Nov 16 (Hybrid Group A) & Tues, 17 (Hybrid Group B) - Grades 2-5 Students Return
- Tues, Nov 3: Election Day, No School
- Wed, Nov 11: Veterans' Day, No School
First Ever TCES Boo Fest Drive Thru!
Friday, Oct. 30th, 2:30-3:30pm
45805 Dent Drive
Lexington Park, MD
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
"Boo Fest Drive Thru" - Donations Needed
Please assist with donations by dropping off individually wrapped bags of Halloween candy to TCES. Consider peanut-free options.
Call ahead to schedule your drop off time between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm starting today through Wed, Oct 28. (301)863-4044
Health and Safety Corner
The St. Mary’s County Health Department (SMCHD) is partnering with St. Mary’s County Public Schools to offer free drive-thru flu vaccine clinics for children (ages 3 – 18 years) at the locations listed on this site.
Staying Healthy & Safe FAQs:
- Are face coverings required for school?
- What if my child has asthma and can not wear a mask?
- My child has a chronic medical condition should they attend school?
- What if my child takes daily medication at school?
- Will children be required to have a COVID-19 test prior to entering school?
- What will happen if my child becomes ill during the school day?
- What if I cannot pick my child up from school?
- Will schools perform temperature checks and symptoms screening before allowing a child to enter a school building?
- When should I keep my child home from school?
- When can my child come back to school after an illness?
- What if my family is taking a vacation out of the state?
A Note from our Yearbook Advisors
Our yearbook will look a little different this year, but will still be filled with memories of friendship and fun. We are asking for your support in making this unique yearbook one that our students will cherish for a long time to come.
Please take fun pictures of our students' virtual learning adventures and experiences to share. Classic Photos has provided us with a link for families to upload pictures! We will do our best to make the yearbook great, but we can not do it without you. Thank you for all of your support!
Link Address: Classic Photo website --> click the link, fill out the document, and add your photos
Interactive & Inspiring Virtual Classrooms
Our teachers strive to interact and engage all students virtually. Your child’s presence matters!
Teachers use visual cues and student engagement to guide their instruction, assess lesson effectiveness, and provide feedback. Teachers will continue to communicate when they would like students to have their cameras on or off. We understand individual situations and technical challenges can limit camera usage for some of our families. We will honor all exceptions brought to our attention.
Thank you for helping to make our virtual classrooms vibrant, inspiring, and interactive in order to support a more engaging learning environment for everyone.
SMCPS 10/16 Update
TCES Educators are Excellent!
Technology support: Phone number (301) 475-2138 Option 1or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Creek Elementary
Follow us on Twitter!