Eagles' News Brief:
We need substitute teachers. Please apply online & let us know you're interested!
To pay online, go to www.strawbridge.net. Click Order Pictures and enter the following code: FM372793
Volunteering is helpful, but it is not required. Contact Bonnie Fagley- email@example.com.
Looking for Flexible Ways to Support our School? Our PTA Needs You!
Fully Virtual Volunteer Opportunities (not necessarily school hours):
-Facebook Admin (content to be provided as necessary)
-Corporate Donations point person (allocated for Fun Run t-shirt).
-Family night point person (approx 4 events per year)
Some Virtual & Some In-Person Volunteer Opportunities (may require some limited time during school hours):
-Hospitality point person (approx 4 teacher lunches per year)
-Treasurer assistant (approx 2 hours/month)
-Holiday Shop point person
-Media Center Support Consistent person / team who can dedicate a few hours each week to shelving books, assisting with check-outs, etc... Contact Ms. Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Contact Bonnie Fagley- email@example.com.
WCPSS Chromebooks for Class!
- WCPSS is providing a Chromebook for every student this year.
- It is imperative that students take care of their Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks will travel between home and school.
- Chromebooks should be charged every night and brought to school every day.
- Devices that are not functioning due to a defect will be repaired or replaced as needed.
- Devices that are damaged or lost will only be replaced once during the device loan period.
- Learn more: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/18988
*Parent-to-Parent: If your child's device does not come with a case on it, you are welcome to purchase a case on your own. This is one example of a case you may want to explore. Check the bottom of your child's device to confirm its model. (This is NOT required.)
Immunization Records & Health Forms:
State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. Your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.
As a reminder, we MUST receive these documents within the first 30 days of school. Please let us know if you have questions or need support.
- DO NOT SEND SICK STUDENTS TO SCHOOL. Please do not send your child to school sick. Sick students will be sent to our Care Center for parent pick-up, and they will need to following the following procedures for returning to school after Covid-19 Diagnosis, Exposure, or Illness.
- DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL CARRYING MEDICATION. Sick children MUST stay home. School staff may administer medication to students only when the Parent and Physician Order for Medication form (Form 1702) is completed by the parent and physician and present at the school. Learn more: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/167 or contact our school nurse, Amanda Lunsford (firstname.lastname@example.org), with questions.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED. Masks are required inside the building. It is imperative that masks are worn properly... covering the mouth, nose, and chin. This protects everyone, and it helps reduce the number of students who may need to quarantine.
- LABELED WATER BOTTLES ARE ENCOURAGED. Please send your student to school with a labeled water bottle each day. Water fountains are not available for use.
- BE SURE WE HAVE YOUR MOST UP-TO-DATE CONTACT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES (PHONE & EMAIL). To opt-in to receive text messages, simply text YES to 67587. To update your School Messenger preferences visit: https://www.wcpss.net/schoolmessenger
- TALKING POINTS~ Texts from teachers~ We are moving from ClassDojo to Talking Points! Be sure we have your updated contact information, and you'll be able to directly text your child's teachers! There is a "TalkingPointsfor Parents" app you can download if you'd like. Messages will then go through the app.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL. If you're new to Vandora, take a moment to watch this video about our carpool procedures. All afternoon carpool students will get new carpool numbers this year. Sign up for your new carpool number if you've not already done so: https://forms.gle/xWm4dwp34b4vbtCr8.
- MORNING CARPOOL STUDENTS SHOULD BE SEATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE VEHICLE, WITH THEIR MASKS ON, READY TO EXIT THE VEHICLE WHEN IT'S THEIR TURN. All carriders should utilize the carpool loop.
- AFTERNOON CARPOOL PARENTS SHOULD PULL FORWARD & INTO A VISITOR'S PARKING SPOT TO ASSIST THEIR CHILDREN WITH BUCKLING THEIR CAR SEAT / SEATBELT. Getting out of your vehicle to do this at the curb slows carpool down for everyone. Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO A WONDERFUL YEAR OF "UNLOCKING THE MAGIC" OF LEARNING WITH YOUR CHILD!
Interested in Volunteering? Please register for clearance by October 29!
Reactivation for Continuing Volunteers for 2021-2022
- Reactivating volunteers may go to any WCPSS work site and register through wcpss.net by selecting the Community tab, and then selecting Volunteer.
- Individuals previously approved to volunteer must reactivate by 4 p.m. on October 29, 2021.
- Current volunteers, who provided a valid email address, will receive an email 15 days and 30 days prior to the expiration of their volunteer status reminding them to reactivate.
New Volunteers for 2021-2022
- All new volunteer applicants must register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work.
- New volunteer applicants may go to any WCPSS work site and register through wcpss.net by selecting the Community tab, and then selecting Volunteer.
- Applicants will be notified by email once their application has been approved.
- Applicants who are not approved will receive notice from Employee Relations.
Virtual Academy Reminders & Resources (for Registered VA Families Only)
- Your student's supplies are ready for pick-up. Please stop by the school to pick up your child's supplies & materials if you've not already done so.
- Virtual Academy Orientation to be completed during the first week of school: https://www.wcpss.net/virtualacademyorientation
- WCPSS Guides to Technology: https://www.wcpss.net/GuidesToTechnology
- Resources for Virtual Academy Families: https://www.wcpss.net/VirtualAcademy
Community Events & Resources:
Are you a renter struggling to make your monthly housing costs and utility payments? The House Wake! COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program may be able to help! Learn more: https://www.wakegov.com/departments-government/housing-affordability-community-revitalization