The Falcon Flyer
Middle School Edition Volume 2017-18, Issue 3 (January 2018)
No Shave November fun and donations to local charities
Geography Bee tradition continues
8th Grade Quiz Bowl brings home trophy!
On Friday, December 1st, teams competed in a fun, cross-county tournament. Clinton-Massie ended up with two teams in the semi-final round with Clinton-Massie taking first place. Congrats to the semi-final participants – Elizabeth, Evan, Hailey, Sarah, and Vanessa as well as our 1st place team – Jacob, Ethan, Luke, Miley, and Jacob. Way to bring home the trophy!
Midyear MAP testing this month
January is the Winter Benchmark period for NWEA MAP assessments for students in grades Kindergarten through 9th grade. Clinton-Massie teachers use MAP data to help us customize instruction to meet the needs of the individual learner. The Elementary School will be MAP testing January 8 and 9. Middle School and High School will MAP test on January 16th and 17th. MAP is also used as an identifier of the Gifted Learner.
Meet Michael Stewart, Middle School Counselor
Mr. Stewart grew up in Beavercreek, Ohio where he played football and sang in the Dayton Rotary Boys Choir. Later he sang and played bass in several rock bands and still enjoys recording music to this day.
Two days after graduating from Wright State University, he began teaching summer school and remained a history teacher for the next nine years. During these years he earned Master’s degrees from The Ohio State University and Wright State University.
Mr. Stewart joined the Clinton-Massie district in 1999 as school counselor. As counselor, Mr. Stewart provides a variety of services to the school and to our students including but not limited to:
1) Individual Counseling to help students cope with feelings of sadness, anger, stress, etc.
2) Group Counseling for mediation, grief, and other issues.
3) Parent Contacts to help with issues of scheduling, attendance, bullying, etc.
4) Setting up and attending meetings to deal with special education issues, leadership issues for both individual grade levels and the building as a whole, parent meetings and conferences/workshops.
5) Referrals to Children’s Services, Solutions, or the Educational Service Center, as needed.
6) Classroom Guidance.
7) Scheduling and School Records.
8) Testing and make-up testing.
9) Ohio Means Jobs.
10) APEX Learning
11) Student Success Plans
12) Orientation and transitioning of students who are new to the Clinton-Massie district.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Jan. 19th- 7th Grade Quiz Bowl Tournament
Feb. 2nd- 8th Grade Quiz Bowl Tournament
Feb. 19th- President's Day- No School
Feb. 28th - March 2nd- Project Trust
March 6th- Middle School Band and Choir Concert
March 9th- Third Grading Period Ends