Wright Elementary Monthly News
Please make sure you have activated your ParentSquare app through the email address the school has on file for you. If you are having any issues, please reach out asap to (503) 399-3198. Salem-Keizer Public Schools is now using the ParentSquare platform for district, school and teacher communications, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent/guardian, using their preferred email address and phone number. ParentVUE and ParentSquare are different, so please reach out if you need assistance with either one.
Each month we send a newsletter to keep you up to date on all the events happening at Wright. There is also important information from Principal Coyle, updated health information, contact information, and much more so please read all the way through. The monthly newsletter will also be available on our Wright website for a quick reference at any time.
Another way to stay informed is by visiting our Wright website at https://wright.salkeiz.k12.or.us/,
our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WrightElementaryOfficial/?notif_id=1630366683279729¬if_t=page_fan&ref=notif, and
our Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/wrightelementaryofficial/.
A MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL COYLE
Fall seems to have fallen upon us rather quickly! The arrival of November has brought a change in the weather and ushers in the season of gratitude. I continue to be so incredibly thankful to be here at Wright, working each day with a talented staff, dedicated families, and amazing students. I love watching the growth in our kiddos as they learn new academic skills and build upon their sense of who they are. Please continue to reach out and let us know how we can best support your student and family!
November 1st - November 30th - National Native American Heritage Month
October 31st - November 4th - Spirit Week (see details below)
Food Pantry donations start (see details below)
Friday, November 4th - PTC Goodies with Grownups (see details below)
Sunday, November 6th - Daylight Savings Time ends (turn clocks back 1 hour)
Monday, November 7th - Thanksgiving Food Box donations start (see details below)
Thursday, November 10th - PTC Movie Night (details coming soon)
Friday, November 11th - Veterans Day NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, November 15th - PTC Meeting 6pm in the library
November 14th - November 18th - American Education Week
Wednesday, November 16th - National Educational Support Professionals Day
November 23rd - November 25th - Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL
- Student school hours are 7:50am-2:20pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Every Wednesday during the school year will be a one hour late start. School hours on Wednesdays are 8:50am-2:20pm.
- Doors open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 7:30am for students to access breakfast and 7:40am to begin entering their classrooms. Wednesdays are one hour later.
- Breakfast and lunch is served in our cafeteria and are both FREE for all students (no forms or qualification required).
- Please remind your student that they must enter through the front doors in the morning if they would like to get a school breakfast.
- Please do not park in the bike lane or block intersections when picking up or dropping off your student. This is illegal and creates an unsafe environment for children and families.
- Please do not drop your student's off in the bus lane or at the parking lot entrance in front of the school. This is a safety precaution and will be strictly enforced. Also, please make sure your student has safely exited your vehicle and is on the sidewalk before starting to drive away.
- If your student will be absent for any reason, please call our Absence Reporting Line at (503) 399-5503 24 hours a day/7 days a week and leave a detailed message that includes student name, ID number, diagnosis, symptoms and date symptoms started.
We highly encourage students to bring a water bottle to school with them every day labeled with their name on it.
Please remind your student to check the LOST AND FOUND by the office if they have lost something. Items that are found that are not clothing may be stored inside the office.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools often take photos or video of school activities or events in which students are featured. These photos or videotapes are frequently used as promotional items for the school district. If you do not want your child photographed or videotaped while at school, please send a written notice to your child’s school office as soon as possible after registering your child. If there is no written notice on file, the school will assume it has the right to photograph or videotape your child.
Request form for Thanksgiving food box:
Thanksgiving boxes will be delivered on Tuesday, November 22nd to family’s homes. Please contact Wright’s Community School Outreach Coordinator, Samantha Gibson at (503) 399-3198 or email@example.com with any questions or for more information!
These items are separate from our food pantry that we started last week. We greatly appreciate what you can give.
NATIONAL NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH
Click here for more information: https://nativeamericanheritagemonth.gov/about/
SPEAK TO OUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Is your student sick? Please do not send them to school. More guidance about serious illnesses, medication and other health conditions/concerns has been provided HERE.
If your student has a contagious illness and will be out, please be sure to include this information when you excuse the absence on the all-day attendance line at 503-399-5503. Please be sure to include student name, ID number, diagnosis, symptoms and date symptoms started.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEAD LICE
Please review the following information regarding head lice and how you can help reduce an outbreak in our school. Please contact our office if you have found head lice on your student. Thank you for your help!
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
If you have completed the background check, but are not sure if you have been cleared to volunteer at the school, please reach out at (503) 399-3198.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MONTHLY MENU
For the 2022-23 school year, breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge for all Salem-Keizer students.
Click the link for a monthly breakfast and lunch menu: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/parents/food-services/