Friday, September 22, 2023
Shelli LeBlanc, Principal
Chelsea Rothe, Assistant Principal
Chiante Deal, Counselor 6th Grade
Krystal McCure, Counselor 5th Grade
Location: Collins Intermediate, 6020 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands, TX, USA
From the Principal:
We enjoyed a fantastic Read For A Better Life day on Wednesday. Check out our social media posts to catch a glimpse of our day. The first grading period will come to a close on Thursday, October 5th. Please review Parent Access to keep up with grades we we being to close out the nine weeks.
The district Cell Phone committee is hard at work and has provided a second survey. Please see the link below as well as other informational documents.
We hope you have a fantastic weekend!
September 15 - October 15
- Hispanic Heritage Month
Monday, September 25
- Colossal Cobra Award Respect - 6th Grade
Tuesday, September 26
- Colossal Cobra Award Respect - 5th Grade
- Spirit Night at College Park Chick-Fil-A 5-7 pm
Friday, September 29
- Last Day of PTO Friends of Collins Fundraiser
- Last Day to order yearbook for 45 and get four free icons when you personalize your cover.
October is Dyslexia Awareness Month
- Conroe ISD Coats for Kids Collections
Monday, October 2
- School Custodian Appreciation Day
Wednesday, October 4
- National Walk & Bike to School Day
Thursday, October 5
- End of 1st Grading Period
Friday, October 6
- Student Holiday - Staff Development
Sunday, October 8
- World Dyslexia Day
Monday, October 9
- No School
At their Special Board Meeting on August 1, 2023, the Conroe ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted to put four propositions on the November 7th ballot for a bond referendum. If voters approve Prop A and any combination of Props B, C, and/or D on November 7, there is a 2-cent anticipated tax rate increase to Conroe ISD residents in 2024-2025. Leading up to Election Day, you will continue to receive factual information about the upcoming bond. To learn more about Bond 2023, please visit www.conroeisd.net/bond or follow us on social media.
Prop A in Bond 2023
Prop A in Bond 2023 includes 8 new schools. Conroe ISD schools are collectively at 104% capacity with some campuses exceeding 150% of capacity. The largest project in Prop A is a new high school for the Conroe area to relieve Conroe and Caney Creek High Schools. Conroe High School’s enrollment is over 5,000 students and projected to exceed 6,000 students in three years.
New Schools in Prop A are as follows:
- The Woodlands Feeder Elementary (opens 2025)
- 242 Corridor Elementary (opens 2025)
- Grand Oaks 7-8, 9th Grade Campus (opens 2026)
- Grand Oaks Feeder Elementary (opens 2026)
- Conroe Area High School (opens 2027)
- Caney Creek 9th Grade Campus (opens 2027)
- Conroe Area Junior High (opens 2027)
- Conroe Area Intermediate (opens 2027)
Prop A also includes additions to 3 campuses. They are as follows:
- McCullough Junior High (500 seats)
- Hailey Elementary (100 seats)
- Ford Elementary (100 seats)
Second Conroe ISD Cell Phone Survey
Conroe ISD convened a committee to evaluate the District’s current cell phone guidelines and the recommendation by the School Health Advisory Council Mental Health Subcommittee.
Parents, teachers, staff, and campus administrators are asked to respond to the survey below by Wednesday, September 27th , at noon.
The anonymous responses will be used to inform the Committee’s work. Learn more here.
All Biker and Walker Families Please Review the Rainy Day Reminder Document
Friends of Collins PTO Fundraiser
The Friends of Collins PTO fundraiser will run through September 30. Our goal is to make this a major fundraiser to support the school. Starting September 13, Collins families and friends are being asked to go online and make donations (no login needed).
You can also scan the QR code to donate directly on toolkit.
Donations can be any amount to contribute to the homeroom class goals, but individual prizes will be awarded based on the levels below:
Levels of Giving and Individual Prizes
- Level 1: $50 - Collins Cooling Towel & Entry into Free Yearbook Drawing
- Level 2: $100 - Collins Yard Sign OR Collins Clear Belt Bag + Level 1 prize
- Level 3: $150 - Collins Canvas Tote Bag + Level 1 and 2 prizes
- Level 4: $200+ - Entry into Drawing for Collins Fall Frenzy Fanatic Fun Pass! Includes: 1 Fall Frenzy Wristband, 20 Raffle Tickets, 5 Fast Passes, Collins Swag + Level 1, 2 and 3 prizes. 1 winner from each grade level!
Homeroom Class Prizes
- Level 1: $700 - Inside Recess
- First Homeroom Class in Each Grade to reach $1000 - Variety of Collins Swag Grab!
- Level 2: $1000 - Donut Party
- Level 3: $1500 - Student Snack Cart Visit
- Top Fundraising Homeroom Class in Each Grade will have a SUPER Snack Cart Party!
PTO fundraising benefits your students & Collins by providing funding for Class Field Trips, Music & PE Equipment, Technology (Chromebooks and iPads), Field Day, and more.
Please let us know if you have any questions! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Importance of the Car Line Order
Cars should not cut the Collins PM car line. A Collins staff member scans cars in the order they are lined up. Students are called from inside the building to meet their car and in the order the car was scanned. Cars that cut the line won't be in the computer system and the student will not be called to meet the car. In addition, cars have all waited and followed the Collins PM car line guidelines and to cut in line is disrespectful to others.
So please don't:
- Perform a U-turn in the middle of the road when you see a small gap of cars as they are moving forward.
- Use a side neighborhood road to cut the line.
- Drive up along side of the car line and move into a gap or try to turn in the front drive ahead of waiting car line.
- Make a left hand turn and cut the waiting car line.
When someone in the car line witnesses someone cut the line - please notify any/all of the Collins staff members on duty so that we can help that individual exit the drive and proceed to the end of the car line.
Any car that has not had the the car rider sign scanned by Collins Staff Member will be required to exit the drive and make their way to the end of the car line.
Nurse Kendall's Update
The following website is a great resource for you and your child to practice healthy habits:
We are seeing more cases of strep throat, flu and Covid. If your child is sick, PLEASE keep them at home until symptoms resolve. A temperature 100 degrees or above is considered fever - please keep them home until fever free for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medications.
October’s Colossal Cobra Trait of the month is Responsibility. Guidance lessons will talk about goal setting and responsibility.
The Following Programs are being offered by Conroe ISD Guidance and Counseling Program:
6:30-8:00 PM Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Presented by Stephanie Duer with Region 6
Hidden in Plain Sight: Substance Use Awareness & Prevention
6:30-8:00 PM Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Presented by CISD Guidance & Counseling Dept.
THE JETT CENTER @ WOODFOREST
19043 DAVID MEMORIAL DR.
SHENANDOAH, TX 77385
In Mr. Hunt’s art class, we are working on our rodeo art project. Students are learning how to mix colors in oil pastel and apply what they learn to create realistic pieces of art.
In Mrs. Williams class, we have been applying our knowledge of graduated value and mixing colors to watercolor to finish off the backgrounds of our scientific bug illustrations.
Fall Semester Practices and Performances
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 - ALL
- Thursday, Sept. 21 - 6th Grade Only
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 - 5th Grade Only
- Thursday, Sept. 28 - 6th Grade Only
- Tuesday, Oct. 3 - 5th Grade Only
- Thursday, Oct. 5 - 6th Grade Only
- Tuesday, Oct. 10 - 5th Grade Only
- Thursday, Oct. 12 - 6th Grade Only
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 - ALL
- Thursday, Oct. 19 - ALL
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 - ALL
- Thursday, Oct. 26 - ALL
- Monday, Oct. 30 - PERFORMANCE
- Tuesday, Oct. 31 - NO REHEARSAL
- Thursday, Nov. 2 - ALL
- Tuesday, Nov. 7 - NO REHEARSAL
- Thursday, Nov. 9 - ALL
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 - 5th Grade Only
- Thursday, Nov. 16 - 6th Grade Only
- THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 - ALL
- Thursday, Nov. 30 - ALL
- Tuesday, Dec. 5 -
- ALL Thursday, Dec. 7 - ALL
- Tuesday, Dec. 12 – PERFORMANCE
- Thursday, Dec. 14 – Holiday Party 4-5PM
Our Cobras are continuing to do a wonderful job staying active! We learned a lot about Volleyball and practiced our skills over the last three weeks. We will now move into our Frisbee Games unit. WIth the temperatures finally getting a little cooler, we will be outside much more often. Please remember to bring your water bottles to PE. Our next Cobra Cardio days will be September 26th and October 4th. Remember your sneakers on those days! :)
The 2023-2024 Collins Yearbooks are on sale now for $45. Place your order by September 29th and get four free icons when you personalize your cover. Don't miss out and order your yearbook today!
Collins Intermediate PTO Volunteers
We are looking forward to future opportunities that may arise for you to be involved at Collins this school year. Please fill out your contact information and indicate your interests below. We will contact you when the need arises.
Prior to volunteering on campus you will need to complete the CISD volunteer application online at https://apps.conroeisd.net/volunteer/
Thank you for your time,
Collins PTO Volunteer Coordinator
Feeder School Events
Times to Remember
Bell Schedule: 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building at 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- A Lunch (5th grade) 12:10 PM - 12:45 PM
B Lunch (6th grade) 12:50 PM - 1:25 PM
Collins Café is open to visitors!
Front Office: 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
End of Day
- 3:30 PM - Calls to change transportation end
- 3:35 PM - Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:40 PM - Early student check out ends
- 3:45 PM - First flight of 7 cars moves forward to cones, staff begins inputting numbers. Please display car rider sign in window.
- 4:00 PM - Flights 1 - 4 are dismissed along with bike riders
- 4:04 PM - Walkers are dismissed. Students meet parents at cones 1 - 7. Once a flight is loaded, cars are dismissed to take a RIGHT hand turn only to exit.
- Buses are dismissed based on bus arrival to campus.
Other Helpful Links
Are You Following Us?
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.