November 14, 2016
We are 100% sure that Bell families are the best in Texas! Thank you for all your support in ensuring both student safety on our campus and their instructional time in class. Your child(ren)'s education and safety is our #1 priority, and we couldn't do it without you!
A few reminders:
1. We love when you visit our school! Please make sure you find a parking spot - we are lucky to have so many in the front of our school! The drive in front of our school is a fire lane, and we need to keep it clear for emergency vehicles. Arrival and dismissal is the only time cars should be in this area.
2. Please put your cell phones away while in a school zone, including while on school property in your car. The majority of our students come to and from school as walkers, and your full attention on the road will allow for students to travel more safely.
3. Dismissal - Please make sure you are parking in a parking lot spot if you are picking up your child as a "walker" by our cafeteria. We ask that you exit your car, meet your child as they come out of the building, and walk back to your car. It is important we minimize the driving around our student walkers as this creates an unsafe area. Parking on the street and waiting for your child after the cross walk is acceptable too, and we have many families that do that as well. This is an area we are monitoring for safety, and more changes may be made as we continue forward. We will continue to communicate with you about this area of our school, and feedback is welcomed! If you prefer to remain in your car the whole time, our car tag line (front of the school) is a better choice for you. Staff members walk your child to your car, and then you don't have to worry about a parking spot. Please see the front office for a car tag for your windshield.
4. Continue to sign in at the front office! Our families are pros at this, and we are so appreciative! It is important we know who is in the building at all times!
5. We are given three "party days" each year at school: Winter Party (December), Valentine's/Friendship Party (February), and End of Year Party (June). These are special days in the lives of our children and we do our best to make them as memorable as possible. Birthday parties for students are not allowable party days. A treat may be brought to school to share with classmates. Please work with your child's teacher on when during the day they would like to give students the treat in class so that instructional time can be protected. Birthday party invitations may not be given out at school unless every child in the class is receiving one.
Book Fair Links
Volunteer @ Bell Book Fair:
Are You Connected?
Join Bell Elementary's Facebook Page to receive special updates and reminders!
Or search "Catherine Coleman Bell Elementary" and LIKE the page
Support Bell PTA and receive information from their Facebook page!
Or search "Bell Elementary PTA" and LIKE the page
Not a PTA member yet? It's not too late! Stop by the office and we can get you set up!
Dates To Remember
November 14th-November 18th: Fall Book Fair @ Bell Library
During School Hours
Thursday, November 17th: PTA Meeting & Special Evening Book Fair Hours
6:00 PM in the Bell cafeteria
Book Fair will be open from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM tonight!
November 21st-November 25th: Thanksgiving Break
There will be no school for students these dates. We hope you enjoy this time with your families! School will resume Monday, November 28th.
December 1st: Bell Dedication Ceremony: Bell Cafeteria @ 7:00 PM
You are invited! Our choir will be singing at the event!
December 15th: Winter Party Day
Your child's teacher will be reaching out with more information about this as we get closer to the date!
December 19th-December 30th: Winter Break
No school. Enjoy time with family and friends!
January 2nd: Staff Development Day
January 3rd: School resumes today after Winter Break
We will see all our students at 7:50 ready for a fantastic 2nd semester of learning!
January 4th: 3rd 6 weeks Report Card
Report Cards coming home today!