AVHS Update: Return to Hybrid
Wednesday, February 3rd
Learning Model Update
Dear Apple Valley High School Parent/Guardian,
At a Special School Board meeting on February 2, the plan for returning our secondary students to Hybrid Learning was approved. Beginning Monday, February 22, we will transition to a new hybrid model for our students. The schedule will change for all AVHS students on this day.
Hybrid learning in Winter/Spring 2021 will look different than it did in Fall of 2020. Our new schedule is designed to bring increased structure and routine for all of our students, regardless of learning cohort.
- Students in grades 9-11 and in Cohort A and B will resume in-person learning two days per week.
- Students in grade 12 will continue in distance learning until March 8. Distance learning will follow the new daily schedule (7:45-1:42, see below). On March 8, grade 12 Cohort A and B students will resume in-person learning two days per week.
- Digital Academy Students will join their Cohort A and B peers with Zoom during classes at their scheduled time for each period.
We are excited to be welcoming our students back into our building. We are proud of the hard work that students, families, and teachers have put in to make distance learning work. Student success has never been more of a team effort and we are grateful for the partners we have in the Apple Valley community. We believe this learning model shift will have a positive impact on student learning and we are happy that we will get to see our students in-person again.
Take care. Be Well. Go Eagles!
Apple Valley High School
- Wednesday, February 10: No school-teacher workshop (no change).
- Monday, February 15: No school-Presidents Day (no change).
- Tuesday, February 16: No school-learning model transition planning day for teachers.
- Wednesday, February 17: No school-learning model transition planning day for teachers.
- Thursday and Friday, February 18 & 19: Final Days of Distance Learning following current schedule.
- Monday, February 22: First day of new hybrid learning for grades 9-11. Grade 12 continues with Zoom distance learning while following the new hybrid class schedule.
- Monday, March 8: First day of hybrid learning for grade 12 students.
Week of February 15 - All Students
Beginning February 22
Cohort A (9-11) + Digital Academy (A-K) + Grade 12 (A-K)
Cohort B (9-11) + Digital Academy (L-Z) + Grade 12 (L-Z)
Why are seniors waiting until March 8 to return to in-person learning?
Please let us know if you have a senior student who needs additional support or attention, and we will partner with you on a plan to support them. Please reach out to your student's counselor or case manager with any concerns.
Senior students will still be invited to AVHS for Intervention and Enrichment on Wednesdays.
Cohort Change Request Information
To determine your student’s currently assigned learning cohort, please follow the steps below:
- Log into Infinite Campus Portal (browser or app version)
- Click on DOCUMENTS in the menu on the left
- Then, click on FULL YEAR SCHEDULE
- The cohort will be listed at the bottom left of the schedule grid
*Please note: we are still making adjustments to trimester three schedules. Class periods may change.
The cohort listed will be the cohort your student will be assigned upon our return to hybrid learning.
- If this is your desired cohort, no action is necessary.
- Students requesting to move from an in-person (Cohort A or Cohort B) to Digital Academy may do so beginning Friday, February 5, by contacting Student Services at 952-431-8218.
- Students who wish to move from Digital Academy to in-person learning may do so at the beginning of Trimester Three (March 15.) A survey to request this change will be sent on or around February 22nd. Please do not call to move to in-person learning at this time.
More Information To Come On:
- Health and Safety
- Attendance Procedures for At-Home days
- Before and After School Procedures and Expectations
- Parking Permits
- Lunch Schedules
Who Do I Go To For Help?
Technology. Click here for AVHS Tech Help. The AVHS Tech Help page is for parents and students and is for issues with Schoology, Campus, iPads, internet support, and more.
Contacting counselors. Click here to find your student’s counselor. Counselors are available to assist with concerns about scheduling, academic progress, and mental health. Contacting a student's counselor is a good first step if there are concerns about multiple classes and can help coordinate and streamline communication.
Student Schedule. Click here to log in to Campus Portal and see Student Schedules.
Contacting teachers. Click here for a list of teacher e-mail addresses.
Text Message Updates
Texts are delivered via SchoolMessenger, the mass notification service the district uses for phone calls and email messages. Parents must opt-in to receive text messages. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- Text Y to 67587, you will receive a confirmation message stating you are registered to receive SchoolMessenger notifications via text.
For help information, text HELP to 67587.
To opt-out at any time, text STOP to 67587.
*Only SMS numbers listed as Guardians in the Infinite Campus student information system can receive texts.
**If you do not receive a confirmation message of what appears to be an error message, it most likely means that short code texting is not enabled on your wireless plan.