6 Word Memoir
Laws to abide by in Ethan's new Regime
1. Absolutely no reading whatsoever
2. Lights out at 9:30 p.m. No exceptions
3. Everyone must watch the morning news at 7:00 everyday
4. Every body has to walk places; no vehicles
5. People will not have a say in what I or my fellow leaders do
6. Everyone has to have a camera in their room.
7. No more than 3 people can gather into a group
8. Nobody shall commit treason
9. Nobody can advertise their business without direct permission
10. Failure to follow these laws will result in being sent to farawayville
Winstons journal entry
Newspeak and Text Talk
While offering many benefits, both of these-- what could be called-- languages fall short in some aspects too.
I have been using text talk all of my cell phone-using life. I use it when I'm talking to my friends, my mom, and other peers. It very simple because I can just type a few letters and be on my way with my life. For example, "I'm gng to gt grcrys, c u l8r, Bill". Text talk lets me say what I want to say without being too formal or wasting time. It's perfect for today's attitude of go, go, go.
Even though newspeak is terrific, it has some negative aspects. For starters sometimes it's hard to find the right word for my idea. It's also misunderstood a lot of the times between my friends and I because a lot of words sound the same. This also holds true for text talk in the way that I'm misunderstood and I can get ideas across as easily. Sometimes it takes longer to type with text talk because of autocorrect. But these are small prices to pay for extra time.