Pepper Drive Family News
August 26, 2022
iPads Distributed Today!
Optional iPad Insurance is on sale for a limited time each school year, but can save your family hundreds of dollars. Check it out here: Optional iPad Insurance
Volunteer Application Online
Welcome to Pepper Drive, Mrs. Shirey!
I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to you and your family. My name is Mrs. Shirey and I will be the new School Counselor at Pepper Drive for the 2022-2023 school year. I am excited and honored to be joining this amazing team of educators and staff. I look forward to meeting you and your student(s) and to helping your student(s) succeed in meeting their own personal goals for this school year and beyond.
I will be offering counseling services as an additional resource to help your student succeed in their academic goals as well as support their social and emotional growth throughout the school year. Counseling sessions in a school setting are typically short-term in nature and focus on solutions to help your child succeed in all areas of their development.
Counseling activities may include individual or group counseling, whole class presentations and observations. Many of these activities will focus on helping students learn ways to build positive social skills, gain confidence in their ability to interact with others and learn ways to deal with problems and conflicts constructively.
Counseling sessions typically meet once a week for thirty (30) minutes, at a time arranged with teachers. Your student may be referred to counseling from a teacher, staff member or from you as a parent/guardian. To make a referral, please visit my webpage: https://pd.santeesd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=27051972&pageId=29372812 . I can also be reached via email, at Nichole.email@example.com or by phone at 619-956-5135. Please email me if you have ANY questions or concerns. I am thrilled to be working with your students! Have a great start to the school year everyone!
Dress Code Reminders
- Appropriate shoes must be worn. Sandals must have heel straps. Flip-flops or backless shoes or sandals are not acceptable.
- Clothing, jewelry and personal items shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate death, violence, racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
- Hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, spaghetti straps, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, strapless or tube tops, backless shirts, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Gym shorts may not be worn in classes other than physical education.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed and the color may not cause a distraction to the educational environment. Hair may not be sprayed by any coloring that would drip when wet.
- Spiked jewelry and waist chains will not be allowed.
- Bandanas and sweatbands shall not be worn unless prior approval is granted by a site administrator.
- Muscle shirts, tank shirts, or underwear shirts may not be worn. Clothing that is suggestive or revealing will not be allowed.
- Pants must not be worn to expose undergarments or bare skin above the waist.
- Clothing that is considered nightwear (pajamas and slippers) may not be worn, with the exception of a designated day by the school.
Project Safe has Expanded
Come out and support Pepper Drive!
In order to help Pepper Drive, all you have to do is the following on Thursday, September 1st:
For Non-Soapy Joe's Wash Club Members:
- Visit the participating Soapy Joe’s location(s) listed on the flyer.
- Select any single car wash of your choice. (i.e. Magic Joe, Super Joe, or Classic Joe)
- Scan Barcode at the Bottom
- Pay for Single Wash
For Soapy Joe’s Wash Club Members:
- Please see the attendant at the pay terminal, to purchase a single wash.
- Tell them you are here for the fundraiser and provide them with this flyer
Remember, all student drop off and pick up will happen outside the school gates starting on Monday, August 29, 2022. Please refer to our parking lot procedures for more information.
We look forward to the many opportunities your family will have this coming year to visit us on campus to see all of the wonderful things your children will be doing.
Please review the map below to know where your child will go to meet his or her teacher in the coming days. See you Monday!
School Site Council Nominees Wanted
9/1 Soapy Joe's School Fundraiser
9/5 No School (Memorial Day)
9/20 Back to School Night (TK-5) (5:30-6:30)
9/20 PTA Association Meeting 5:15-5:30
9/21 Back to School Night (6th-8th)
9/26 SSC Meeting & Elections
9/28 TIGER Awards
9/30 Fall Picture Day