Louisville Middle School
THE PIRATE POST 10-21-22
Save the Date
Nov. 2 8th Grade Girls Basketball Starts
Nov. 3 Registration Deadline for 8th Grade Girls Basketball
Nov. 11 Veterans Day - No School
Nov. 21-25 No School - Conference Exchange Days/Thanksgiving
Dec. 19-31 Winter Break
Jan. 2 & 3 No School for Students - Teacher Work Days
Jan. 16 No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Jan. 24 Vision & Hearing Screening
IMPORTANT ALL SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
LMS School Accountability Committee
Please join us for our next School Accountability Committee meeting on Monday, October 24th at 3pm. We will be gathering input and feedback for school district budget spending priorities. We would love your input and inclusion in this group.
- 6th GRADE CO-ED ULTIMATE FRISBEE - SIGN UP NOW!
Season Dates: 11/1/22 - 11/17/22, 3:50-5:00 pm M-F
Please Register through the Google Form Sign Up
Come prepared to play on 11/1/22
STUDENT RAFFLE DONATIONS REQUESTED
Planning has started for the 2nd annual Student Raffle! Please consider donating tickets (ie: sporting events, theatre, ski), electronics, gift cards, sporting goods, games, clothing or whatever middle school kids would love to win. Does your company have samples of items you could donate? Items can be dropped off in the school office labeled PTO Student Raffle. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you're interested in helping make this event a success.
- Tuesday, November 1st - See the flier below for more details.
- Please use code DD8EL2F if you order online!
NOTEWORTHY, ONGOING and REPEAT ITEMS
Battle of the Books Club Starting October 24th
Battle of the Books will meet in the library from 3:50 - 4:30 on Monday, 10/24. Please sign up, if you haven’t already. This year has a lot of fantastic novels for us to read. Yay books!!
- 8th GRADE GIRLS BASKETBALL - SIGN UP NOW!
- Have you contributed to the Pirate Pride Challenge? Calling all Pirate Families! Remember the days of chocolate and wrapping paper sales, jump-a-thons and jog-a-thons? Louisville Middle has cast these aside and we have replaced them all with "The ONE and ONLY LMS Fundraiser" - The PIRATE PRIDE CHALLENGE. It's quick, it's easy, 100% of the donation goes directly to support your child's education. We suggest $150 per student. Nearly every program at LMS is supported or enhanced with your fundraising dollars. Every student benefits! Donate at this link today!
- LOST AND FOUND!
Unclaimed items will be bagged and donated to charity on Friday, 11/4/22.
Hello LMS Pirates!
Please use our website for information or feel free to reach out with anything.
Pirates, as a reminder, we are here for all our students and families as we enter the holiday season and the one year anniversary of the Marshall Fire. We recognize that all our LMS families and the entire Louisville and Superior community are at different stages and places, however, we are a community and are here to support each other. Please reach out if anything is needed or any resources are wanted.
Anniversaries of traumatic events can hold a lot of sadness and anxiety. Although there is no one right way to heal, here are some helpful ideas:
Recognize and acknowledge feelings you may experience. Understand that your feelings are part of the recovery process. Give yourself permission to be at different stages in the recovery process.
Find healthy ways to cope with your distress. Share memories and feelings with someone you trust or just spend time with friends and family. Activities that allow your mind to focus on something other than these memories are a good coping strategy for some people. Contemplative activities like reading, thinking, or just taking a walk are also a good approach.
- Use your support system. Reach out to family, friends, and supports at school and work.